Initial Inquiry Window - Feedback [912]

Continuing the discussion from "Purchase Animal" vs "Inquire about Animal":

5 Likes

Personally I don’t see a reason to change the wording here… it isn’t saying that your intent has to be to purchase. It’s simply using that as an example of what one’s intent might be.

The other info as far as I understand is populated based on the seller. I just checked one of my animals, and the “price is firm” and “no trades” bullets aren’t there. So I assume that’s ad specific.

I think you need something to counter the level of messages someone might get, if someone just wanted to chat about your snakes. So I can get where the idea of “purchase” as the button from the last post, but I think this screen in and of itself helps a lot with that.

I’ve had people message me and simply say “I want to buy this animal” and then proceed to ask questions.

I worry we get too picky/complex if we allow stores to pick and choose what goes into the menu after someone clicks on one of their animals.

Would it seem less charged/forced to buy if it said something like “state your intent. Ex: I’d like to buy this animal.”? I don’t really see there being much of a difference there, but maybe others do.

4 Likes

I guess for me it’s the combo of having to push a button that says “Purchase Animal” and then having it followed up with “State your intent : I’d like to buy this animal.”

Nowhere is it stating it’s also okay to ask questions.

5 Likes

Nitpicking here, though I really appreciate the fact that this is up for discussion. That said, the text box says “your specific question goes here” (as referenced in the first post here), but the last bullet point says “state your intent…” so the verbiage doesn’t align between the bullet point and text box. I have a market research background and hope I don’t come across as a butthole.

I agree with what @mcgoveran proposed, in the original thread, with the two buttons, one for “I’d like to purchase” and one for “I’d like more information.” However, I don’t know what level of difficulty that would pose for that change to be implemented on the MM app/site. Since I’m not a seller, I’m not sure if that would “muddy the water” per se, in the way a seller would be giving preference to who gets the animal ultimately. For example, if a potential buyer is asking questions using “I’d like more information” button (and legitimately has intent to purchase and was the first person to communicate) vs. the “I’d like to purchase” person uses this “purchase” button but does so AFTER the first person (who inquired with “more information” button).

3 Likes

Maybe the “State your intent…” doesn’t even need to be included?
What if instead, the box area read: Send message to seller?
I would think a customer’s intent could easily be inferred by the seller when reading the message.

4 Likes

I saw the addition of “for example” added, and that makes a significant difference for the better to me.

3 Likes

Sometimes we may not announce little changes as they may not be final and might change again in a short period of time…The landing page → Index → Home → Traits for example.

But we are listening :wink:

4 Likes

I’m glad you are listening to the buyers and sellers that use the site. Some of us have been using MM since the beginning and truly love what it’s done to simplify reptile sales.

3 Likes