Introducing the Nico Gene [DONE]

**This template contains both "gene addition" and "gene review" forms, please delete the one which is not applicable to your request** -

Gene Request Form

Please fill the below form out to the best of your ability. Answers do not need to be lengthy. If appropriate you may forward this request to someone who is more able to supply the answers.

Facts

Species: Python Reguis
Name of Gene: Nico
First produced by whom: DNJ Pythons
Year First Produced: 2013
Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Codom
In complex with other genes?: No/Unknown
Other names/aliases for it?:
Description: A dark gene, brown in colour with a black back with red blushings/tones, clear head with red tones and reduced pattern

Appearance; What it does/looks like?

• Head: brown with red tones,
  • Body: light brown reduced side saddle pattern, black back with red blushing and tones
  • Belly: lightly patterned belly, with dark markings
  • Tail: reduced side pattern, with stripe and or dotting

Proven Lines: only one line so far
Related Genes: none

Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic? I have made multiple combos with visible difference, including pied, clown and multiple codom crosses
Unique: Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one?
I have made a few combos and compared them to the combos of what I think the gene closely resembles (cinnamon, Black pastel, HRA) and they look totally different.

Problems: Any problems? No Problems
History: The history behind its discovery? Bought a weird funky Black Pastel back in 2009/2010, bred it and noticed two different types of animals. Happened multiple times before eventually proving it out
Disagreement or Controversy: None
References here on the community: I will start to post animals for sale shortly

• At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance
    Redirecting...

• Link to WOBP if one exists. Sent them pictures, or reply

• Links to the wider web. www.instagram.com/dnjpythons
    Please attach at least 3 photos you have rights to which you are granting to be used on MorphMarket.

[quote=“dnjpythons, post:1, topic:31106, full:true”]

4 Likes

@t_h_wyman @owalreptiles any questions to be had here?

2 Likes

I would like to see more of the combos that are said to have been made. I would also like to see a few more representatives of the single gene. From what I can see here, it looks like this may be some variant of GBB

3 Likes

Hi. I’ve just uploaded a few more combo pics.

3 Likes

Hi. How are you? What is the status of the Nico gene being posted on morphmedia?

2 Likes

That is more a question for @eaglereptiles

1 Like

https://community.morphmarket.com/t/morphpedia-ball-pythons-nico/39565

Heres the draft. I will add all images later today and hopefully have it active on the Morphpedia for tomorrow :wink: Please post any new images on that topic also :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like