Introductions from Eric! Better Late than Never!

Hello everyone! I have been on here way too long to not post an official introduction as so much of my story is missing, so here goes!

My name is Eric. I am currently a freshman in high school and go by the name “bug boy” locally, as a joke. I love sports like baseball, wrestling, and pickleball. I am located in Northern Utah near Salt Lake City. The herping potential isn’t the best up here, so I usually head to Arizona or New Mexico for that.

I love food (Mostly Mexican (Enchiladas are a favorite of mine) or traditional American food like Barbeque and Hamburgers). I also enjoy hanging out with friends, playing video games, or chilling in my reptile room. I keep mostly isopods and geckos, with 30 or so isopod cultivars, 2 mourning geckos (soon to be many, many more), and a leopard gecko named Orbit. I also breed Dubia roaches, and am slowly working my way into snakes. I don’t have any platforms I advertise on that your would be familiar with, but am working on creating a YouTube channel and/or Facebook page.

I started seriously keeping reptiles 5 or so years ago, but have been obsessed with them my entire life, since I caught my first fence lizard as a 3 year old (My youngest memory, and my only one from that early on.).

In the future I hope to pursue a career in Field herpetology or professional athletics (baseball). I have already began the hunt for colleges as I won a scholarship for placing first in the State Science and Engineering Fair experimenting with isopod productivity based on diet.

I will post some pictures of me later, but for now these are my pets!

Bolivari
IMG950043001

Mourning gecko 1

Mourning gecko 2

Beautiful Dubia roach.
Dubia

This is Orbit when I very first got him.

10 Likes

That is so awesome! Congratulations on that, actually, scholarships are best lol.

4 Likes

Thanks!

It was kind of by accident. I participated in the STEM Fair in my school, then won first in that and was invited to compete at Districts, then just kept winning from there at Regions and State. :slight_smile: I really had no intention to be competitive even in Regionals, but when I got far I was really excited to keep competing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That makes it even better. You definitely have so much knowledge. Change the world in a positive way Eric, we are all backing you. :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome (officially) Eric! Orbit and the morning geckos are so cool!

3 Likes