Just purchased a new female ball python

I would grab that first male you showed with the reduced pattern as well, he looks pretty cool

3 Likes

Think it may have some potential?

One of the males almost looks as if it were a blade

5 Likes

Never know with dinker projects. I would take a gamble on him just for fun. If you have the extra space and funds available, I think that’s a cool snake. May be just a normal but definitely unique at that.

2 Likes

Which 1 are you thinking the 1st male or 2nd?

The first male!

4 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing

4 Likes

I agree with @chesterhf. The first male.

3 Likes

Easily dinker material there. Personally I’d try breeding her to a pied and if nothing comes from that, keep anything that looks promising. I’d try something in the yellowbelly complex next. If nothing comes from that, you’ll be able to breed back offspring from the first clutch if anything looked like it had potential.

3 Likes

I actually have a yellow belly! So I was told everything I have so far is great to make some nice snakes

You would produce normal and YB which are hard to place and are already flooding the market (something to take in consideration when breeding which is the likelihood of being stuck with an extra 6 to 12 mouths to feed) and if the picture below is your YB than bad news, it’s a pastel.

5 Likes

Yeah I was told its a yellow belly pastel. I was going to breed it to my BEL

I put it in the calculator and it supposedly will produce a few different genes

I think pied

Very interesting animals. Good add!