Keeping busy during Covid-19 lockdown

You have definitely got a talent there Deb :blush:

In the wise words of Groot himself… “I am Groot!”

1 Like

That is gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Love it! I’m curious as to what the process is like though since it is so nice

1 Like

Pretty simple you cut a bunch of copper wires for your trunk and branches which are one piece, here you have 120 pieces of 22 gauge copper wire that measure about 9 or 10 inches each, you simply twist them together to make a tree shape trunk first than you divide for branches.

The pink part I wrap that around a chainsaw grinder I put in my cordless drill so it makes plenty of little springs I than attach to the branches.

2 Likes

When I get really bored I open paint on the computer and play around making optical illusions… stare at the center and count the seconds… how long does it take to start moving for you…?

1 Like

Still playing in paint

3 Likes

Ive finally got around to doing my family tree on Ancestry. So far I’ve got back to 1755 on my grandads side and I’ve found 100s of family members over in the states.

Apparently my great great grandad was a bit of a charmer over there :wink::joy:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Maybe we’re related Thomas

2 Likes

I mean for the time period, “keeping it in the family” was pretty common lol.

1 Like

That will be my claim to fame :joy:

1 Like

Idk about “pretty common.”

Royalty, and very specific sects that were forbidden to marry outside the group is where it was most common. Maybe you’re a king @eaglereptiles

Or just an Anabaptist. Lol.

2 Likes

:joy: I’m hoping so, though I feel like I need to state that I don’t come from a long line of inbreds :joy: it’s just difficult to guarantee maiden names so far back so I fill it in as Eagle until I can.

I’ve managed to pull up pictures of my Great grandmother at her wedding in 1920 (100 years ago) that noone alive in my family had seen before.

And found that my great grandfather on my mum’s side was the Lord Mayor of Manchester in 1943, which is cool.

6 Likes

Thats so cool! ive wanted to do one of those ancestry test for a long time now

1 Like

Hand drawings… who else draws as a passtime…? I’m not the best but I try; dont be bashful…

4 Likes

Studio in a box… plain white poster board wraps from bottom to back, silver poster board on the sides and top to reflect light, a pair of 5500k led lights for $15 on amazon, and a box that would’ve otherwise been garbage from a feeder order. A few cuts, a little tape, and you’ve got a photo box for small products or animals where you can change the color of the back drop for the cost of a piece of poster board. Need more light or a bigger space get a bigger light and/or box. Photos taken with Samsung s9

I’ll get some snake shots in it tomorrow but wanted to share it now lol

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Love the idea

2 Likes

Got this pairing going down right now.
And got eggs 5-15 from our pinstripe girl.

2 Likes

AWESOME! And my favorite…Groot!

2 Likes

yes makes things so much easier to observe, feeding, locks, movement of snakes etc i really can’t wait to get the new ARS 5540 series rack with the clear tubs so I can really see my snakes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I had a single fb70 clear tub built for my big girl from Ozzy. Going to put her in there tonight and see how the clear tubs go!

1 Like