Late & Slow an Update of my 2021 Season

It’s been a weird slow season. Almost every single female has been 2-3 months later than expected, and I’ve had pretty crap odds on all my inc dom pairings so far. It would appear I’ll finish short of my yearly goal as well. I try to have half of my females go each year and I have 33. 13 is not half of that last time I math’d it out :joy:

Clutch 10 should pip this week. Pastel Enchi GHI x Pastel Enchi GHI - only 4 eggs made it all the way but that might have some fun stuff in it.

Clutch 11 is a couple weeks from hatch. Lemon Blast x Invisiball & Calico Pastave

What should be Clutch 12 is a few weeks post ovulation. Spider Het VPI Axanthic x Vanilla Cream Het VPI

What should be 13 is a couple weeks post ovulation. Sulfur Het VPI x Vanilla Cream Het VPI

Spider Het Ultramel x Pinstripe Het Ultramel just ovulated.

And my Albino Het VPI x VPI Het Albino pairing just ovulated as well.

I’ve started pairing a few other things but nothing else sticks out at the moment.

A couple of these females are decent illustrations of how much leaner breeding females can be kept. It’s hard to tell in pictures (and they’re both 10+ year old females) but they’re fairly fit. Not the albino though, she’s overweight :joy:

First two females are gravid, 3rd is ovulating in the photo

4 Likes

I can not wait to see all these babies!

2 Likes

Me too! I’ve picked a few holdbacks this season but I was shooting for 15-20 this year :joy:

The Sulfur Het VPI x Vanilla Cream Het VPI pairing is my favorite in the collection.

I would post pictures of what some of the visual homozygous stuff looks like out of those pairings but it’s not cooperating on my rural internet.

1 Like