Leatherback maybe? starving beardie for sale on craigslist?!?!?

@ashleyraeanne

That’s kinda gross. Lol. I have my first ever shed I’ll be putting in a frame but other than that they go in the trash just like my toenail clippings and hair lol.

that sounds kinda fun actually. but first, I will need a snake…

XD I mean Snake Discovery on YT gave me the idea lmao.

5 Likes

your subscribed to that channel too? nice

It is hard to find someone on here that doesn’t at least watch them. Anyone with snakes loves watching other people with snakes.

3 Likes

You guys would do anything she said lol. It’s like Oprah book club.

Make toenail Jewelry? SIGN ME UP.
:joy:.

2 Likes

(I’m subbed too) they’re good.

I can’t resist tho lol.

Ok we are off topic hopefully some of this is helpful to someone

XD sheds aren’t unclean like toenails. Besides, I clean the sheds and stretch them out before letting em dry.

2 Likes

@maxthetinydragon

If you can’t afford to keep your own adult bearded dragons in anything other than 10g tanks, you can’t afford to keep animals, much less get more. Downsize your collection to the point where you can afford proper housing for all of the animals you own. Anything short of that is irresponsible and cruel.

8 Likes

I’m going to attempt to bring this back on topic and also give my views.

The problem with “flipping” animals is that unless you are extremely picky and ONLY in it for the money, their is very little margin for profit.

To get that Beardie back to perfect health you are looking at at least a year’s worth of perfect husbandry and hard work.

That whole set up is trash to begin with, there is at least $100+ you will need to spend just on the right enclosure. Add 12 months of buying a while host of vegetables and fruits/ live food and you are seeing a loss already selling it at $150

A vet bill to ensure you are not selling a unhealthy animal (that could potentially destroy someone’s whole collection) is going to take away a majority of profit from at least your first breeding program.

And then to add on top of that, you will have to feed/house the babies before you can sell them…
That’s $500+ alone.

This is what the reptile community is about. Were not here to make a quick bit of change, we are here to leave the hobby better than we found it.

Ive been trying to convince my daughter to make so e of these but she won’t touch the snake shed :face_vomiting::joy: and won’t let me near her epoxy :expressionless:

7 Likes

I have to agree @westridge
Whenever I am planning on getting an animal I always make sure I can afford a proper enclosure before anything else. If I can’t, then I don’t get the animal. Because if I can’t afford that, then how can I afford anything else for them?

@maxthetinydragon you yourself said in another thread that the pen you keep them in is the size of a basket. On top of that, you just had one escape said “pen”. To make a proper outside enclosure it has to be big and have hides along with shade and water. Especially if you have more than one beardie in it. It needs to be roughly twice the size of a 75 gallon tank. If not bigger. You also have to be 100% certain it is secure. It also needs to be made so the chances of wild bugs getting in it are slim, as they can carry parasites and your beardies will likely eat any bug that moves. This includes ones that are toxic.

4 Likes