Leo stuck shed

The tip of her tail is hard - I assumed from stuck shed. I’ve only had her for a few weeks so I’m sure its been like that for a little while. I put her in some warm water to help get it off. Not much came off at all, it actually looks like she might lose the very tip of her tail. That should grow back, right? Hard to see, shes got some dirt on it as well.

Note - I’m aware to keep it clean. What can I put on it?

@mblaney would you know by chance?

Keep soaking the gecko it may take a few tries to get the shed off. If it comes off not a huge deal. Most of the time it grows back a bit.

3 Likes

I totally agree with @azoreptiles , try a few soaks to see if you can get as much off that way as possible. Tell no one -shifty eyes​:eyes::eyes:- but it might be the case that I’ve had the same thing to me. My little lady just had the very tip of her tail slough off on its own. Unless you notice discharge, swelling, or other signs of infection (which I would think unlikely), then it will take care of itself.

2 Likes

Thank y’all so much! I’ll keep soaking her!

2 Likes

If it does fall off and you’re worried about infection, neosporin WITHOUT pain relief can be applied to the area.

2 Likes

Thank you!