Leopard gecko help

I’ve turnt the temps up and they are increasing now

3 Likes

Can i ask everyone where you have your problem end for temp mine was in the air but now I’ve put them just on top of the sand

1 Like

All temps are now 31 degrees centigrade

4 Likes

Beat me to it! Spot on :blush:

2 Likes

I’m assuming you’re asking where you should put the temperature probe. It depends on where you have the heating element. If you have a heat lamp or CHE put it right in front of it. If you have a UTH or heat pad put it between the pad and the glass.

Yes the probe, sorry my screen is smashed and typing is very difficult. All mine have heat mats that link to the stat and a temp reader in there to make sure the mat and stat are correctly heating ect, but been abit confused as to where exactly to position the end of the thermostat to get a reading. I’m my mind in the air wont tell me the ground temp and I assume it’s the temp of

The ground the gecko lays on that needed to be at 31

Place the probe as close as you can get it to the mat. If you can placing it between the enclosure and mat is best. If you can’t do that place it inside the enclosure at the hottest part (likely right where the heat mat heats). Is the heat mat attached on the bottom or the side?

Bottom under the sand not fixed tho just placed there

As long as the gecko can’t reach and move the probe (otherwise secure it) then that should work. Test temperatures in different areas (above and below substrate on warm and cool side) with an infrared thermometer.

3 Likes

My guy has turnt all white, so any time now hes going to shed​:ok_hand:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

He shed today

4 Likes

That’s great! Do you have a picture of him?

1 Like

Hes not to happy on coming out of his moist hide atm.

5 Likes

He looks great!

2 Likes

A couple of wax worms got him out

5 Likes

Do you reckon he has raptor eyes

1 Like

The eyes look normal.

2 Likes

Look at him all sassy and confident now, strutting his stuff and on the lookout for tasty bugs! I really like the pattern of his spots on his head, very cool!

3 Likes

They look really big in the first picture!

2 Likes