Let's see your Desert Ghosts

I love this thread …let’s get this going again.

Anyone got anything new to add?

3 Likes

Not new, but I didn’t want to flood the post with my stuff. Here’s more of my DG stuff:
My A+ adult female
Pastel DG male
Pastel DG female
YB DG Cryptic female

7 Likes

These are insane to me. Possibly new favorite recessive?
They look so good as brighteners. One question for the DGers out how does it play with darker genes? I feel like I haven’t seen many combos with your GHIs, Cinnamons, etc.

2 Likes

Is this axanthic desert ghost?

1 Like

Pinstripe Yb DG
Pastel Yb Dg
Fire pin Yb dg
Fire yb dg

6 Likes

Dragonfly yb dg
firefly dg
Firefly spotnose yb hypo dg

All animals produced by me. DG is my favourite gene, my entire collection is built around it!

Uploading: C767320F-84EC-4E60-8CAA-D23C0D6DB2A8.jpeg…

3 Likes

One of my personal favourites, pastel spotnose dg.

8 Likes

What’s the history of the Desert Ghost gene? It’s a new one to me.

I guess like most morphs, there’s some huge variability between various DGs. For instance some DGs still have a that white outline on the sides, whereas others don’t seem to have any white.

Does anyone have a picture of a desert ghost next to a wild type from the same clutch?

1 Like

I don’t know the full history of the gene, but I can tell you that it is an older gene, that has been around for a long time but has recently become much more popular. I can also tell you that there are several different lineages descended from separate WC founders, all of which are compatible, and some of which look a little different from one another, some having a distinctly reduced-pattern look.

4 Likes

@westridge @donnielaw
Desert Ghost was founded by the Bells, and also by NERD.
There are 4 distinct lines, not all are compatible from my understanding.
Bell line DG
NERD line DG
Enhancer (from Canada)
All 3 of those are compatible.
The 4th line was imported by Breeder’s Circle and is called “Sahara”. Turns out that line is not compatible with the other 3 as far as we know

3 Likes

Is this Enhancer the same one that can be found on the market place?
I didn’t know that was DG. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

@annakirby yes, Enhancer is listed on the marketplace. Its touted as a " better" version of DG. From what I’ve seen, it’s pretty much the same. There are some great examples of Enhancer, some poor examples. Just like Desert Ghost

4 Likes

Single gene female

4 Likes

My male Pastel possible Chocolate Desert Ghost also possible het hypo and caramel albino.

5 Likes

7 Likes

DG Spider

5 Likes

Didn´t Markus Jayne had his own line of desert ghost?

1 Like

i wanna say yes, and it is compatible with desert ghost. I thing billy from mutation creation did a youtube video were he mentions it. i will have to look to make sure.

found video it was the enhancer gene billy was talking about

3 Likes

Markus Jayne has his own line of Axanthic

1 Like

Does anyone have any more side by sides of the same combo but one with DG?

1 Like