Listing of previous inquiries from customer [DONE] [#1377]

So what if people inquire for extra stuff about the snake. People can change their mind about buying. Inquiring isn’t an obligation to buy it.

3 Likes

@jngriffin of course. But that’s the whole point of the OP – to see the pattern. It’s fine to ask for info and not buy once or twice, with most sellers. But if they do this over and over? Some of the big sellers get so many inquiries they can’t keep track of who’s who.

Unfortunately there are a small number of users who send a lot of inquiries and almost never follow through (on any platform). Whether they are just dreamers or whatever, it’s just a time waster, and this is good idea to help with that.

6 Likes

Agreed inquiring is not an obligation to buy, however when you get 40 inquires from the same person over a period of time asking for weights, feeding habits, shipping cost and more pics every single time with no response after it can be a little bit of a pain.

6 Likes

Following up a little on what John said, what people are asking for is not to weed out those that ask honest questions, it is to weed out the time wasters. People like:

The “Photo Collector”- You have three clear, well-lit photos on your listing and they ask you for three more photos… And then a photo outside… And then a photo on a blue background… And then a photo on a red background… And then a video… And then a photo of you holding the animal with a copy of today’s newspaper… (you probably think I am using hyperbole here but I have actually had someone do this to me.)

The “Let me ask my wife”- Spends a week asking questions only to tell you “Let me ask my wife and I will get back to you.” and then you never hear from him again… Until a month later when he messages you again asking all the same questions about a different snake you have listed

The “What is your lowest price?”- Asks this question for EVERY animal you have listed

The “Bottom of the barrel trader”- I see your animal is listed at $1200. I have 3 of the ugliest non-feeding Enchi males you have ever seen. Will you take them in trade? Not interested? How about I throw in a nearly dead Pastel to sweeten the pot. Still no? Okay, I am going to go and send you a new message about that $700 animal you have instead.

These are the people that sellers would like the option to weed out

17 Likes

It would even be nice to have a feature to warn you when potential breeders have habits of selling animals to others after the accepted an offer from a buyer.

I would love to see this feature. Each ad has a count of how many inquiries it has had since it has been posted. It would be awesome if we could get a count of how many times the user has sent us an inquiry. Right now I am just declining the repeat offenders, but this feature would ensure that we don’t accidentally shut down a legit buyer. Thanks John!

2 Likes

Just new on here how do I see what snakes you have for sale or rather how do I search the seller?

To search animals for sale you need to go on https://www.morphmarket.com/ from there use the filters to find what you are looking for, than go on the breeder’s profile to see what customers says about them.

Keep in mind that we do not allow sales, inquiries or feedbacks post on this forum, you can however click on any member’s profile to see if they have a link to their own website or MM Store.

https://community.morphmarket.com/guidelines

This is how I feel about it… When people are asking the same questions over and over, you may think they are only wanting what you are selling. Fact is, you’re not the only one they are looking at. They are more than likely trying to decide between you and others before they decide. And I’m sorry but answering the same question so much that it upsets you is part of the job. It’s part of selling. I always ask the same questions to different people before making a decision. Most people dont have a money tree in their backyard to pluck 100 dollar bills when they want, and ask questions. I do that, and if somebody blocks me for it… Good! All you did was make my decision a lot easier.

5 Likes

That’s not what breeders have in mind when it comes to problem potential customers and or bad buyers they want blocked, what you are describing is just your every day customer. :+1:

5 Likes

As a buyer, I like the idea as well. I always ask all sellers the same initial questions regardless of what I’m inquiring about. It would be great if sellers could know at a glance that when I inquire, I am seriously looking to buy.

3 Likes

@t_h_wyman I ask every one of the questions you listed, of every seller, for every snake I inquire about. I choose based on the snake, the response time of the seller and compliance of the seller. I don’t inquire unless I intend to buy. Just ask Mary, the original poster how serious my inquiry of her was and how that deal went.

2 Likes

I find it extremely difficult to believe that @wreckroomsnakes traded one of her $1200 animals to you for four animals - one of which was nearly dead - collectively worth maybe $200, after you asked her what the lowest price was on each and every one of the 72 animals she has listed and demanded no fewer that seven additional pictures and a video for each of those 72 animals and then ghosted her after each and every one of the 71 previous inquiries.

But if Mary wishes to disabuse me on that matter then I will happily retract my post

4 Likes

Nope definitely did not do that. :scream:

Danny i thought you were very professional and polite in the way you asked questions in your inquiry.
Unlike the person who contacted @t_h_wyman. There are certain ways to ask and approach things that can make a sell go on way or the other. It all depends on how you come at me with your questions. Respect goes along way.

6 Likes

@wreckroomsnakes so to summarize, you’d like to say to prospective customers:

“Come at me (professionally and politely), bro!

Words to live by.

7 Likes

Thank you Mary. :grin:

And thank you for correctly pointing out the difference between a respectful potential customer that asks reasonable questions and the types of people I was pointing out in my initial post, who are neither respectful nor reasonable

6 Likes

I already add this request to another thread, but i think adding a search function for looking up messages from a customer a little easier instead of having to scan thru the messages page by page.

This feature is completed and should be rolled out soon.

We are focused mostly on redesign right, now but plan to enhance the messages system a lot after that – such as being able to archive, more realtime, and handle photos.

5 Likes

This features is done.

There is now both a filter, to search messages:

And a little magnifying glass by each username which applies this filter for that user. However I don’t see it showing up by all usernames – it appears to be only by messages FROM, which is confusing. I’m going to have this extended to be for both TO and FROM.

5 Likes

Photos through messages will be a huge help!

3 Likes