Looking For Advice - Young Boa

Thanks, guys!
I took him out last night, and he had shed perfectly! That was a nice surprise. He didn’t hiss or strike at all, either, though he also wasn’t really relaxed - but, baby steps. Didn’t feel anything that might be an impaction so for the time being I feel I can relax.

5 Likes

The fact that you found a shed could be a good reason for the irritability. :snake::frog::lizard::blush:

4 Likes

Yeah i heard from a friend who has a really light morphed snake like this that sometimes you can’t even tell they’re in shed. That could be a fantastic reason why the lil guy was so cranky!

5 Likes

I’m so glad you’re having some positive signs! I’m sure between the feeding and stuff you’ll find success. I found my Hypo Leopard was pooping deep in his substrate to the point I was missing some of it a couple days ago!

Went to clean something I noticed, and then found much more deep under the coco block lmao. I knew he was passing something based on smell and size of his belly, but he had apparently been pooping all over but while deep in his 1-2in of substrate. Go figure lol

(The Sonorans I have seem to poop more than my Colombian, who poops like once a month or two!)

4 Likes