Looking to get into bp breeding

Hello everyone.

Im currently wanting to get into breeding as a hobby ( any money made would just go back into hobby). I currently have a super enchi woma lesser pinstripe male and I cannot for the life of me figure out what kind of female i want to get and raise to start projects.

I would love to get into unique morphs and combos… dream would be getting a sunset but thats probobly far in future lol.

Im open to all morphs but a little hesitant with the spider gene since i already have woma.

Thank in advance for any help… also recommendations to high quality incubators and equipment would be appreciated.

The most important thing is to pick morphs you like. You should also keep demand in mind too, but based on your male that shouldn’t be a problem. You should usually get a female that compliments the males morphs. If you like variety you might get a female that will give you lots of variety. However, if you don’t want to produce BELs then avoid getting a female with lesser. I would personally get a female with super enchi/enchi pinstripe banana/leopard clown/albino. If you like super enchis or enchis and want all of the offspring to have one or have it be split you would chose a female to match that. If you want all the hatchlings to have super enchi you would get a super enchi female. If you want all the hatchlings to have enchi you would get a female without enchi. If you wanted a 50/50 mix then you would get a female with enchi. Do the same thing with pinstripe. The woma super form looks the same as woma except will produce all woma offspring. Since you’re not experienced I would avoid that so you can identify the hatchlings. Super lesser is a BEL so be wary of that if you want to avoid them (they would also make ID difficult, so I’d recommend not getting a super lesser/lesser female). I would also get a visual recessive like clown or albino (or anything else you want) that will add demand and value to the hatchlings. They will all be heterozygous for that morph. I would also add 1-2 dominant morphs if you want a high demand and large variety of hatchlings. You can get any dominant morph[s] that you want.

2 Likes

Thank you this will help so much, i was looking into some enchi leopard clowns… i feel like thos would be pretty good.

2 Likes

The result of that pairing would be awesome
Here they are if you want to look them over.

Click me to see!

2 Likes

Those would work good, they would produce many different morph offspring. Keep in mind that if you buy a juvenile female (if you weren’t planning to already) then you can get more morphs for the same price. When you’re planning the pairings you can use the morph calculator. Here is an example with what you’re currently considering.

Haha Riley, we were both thinking the same thing. :rofl:

2 Likes

I got it first!! Lol just kidding Riley

1 Like

I had it from the beginning so technically I had it first. (Just kidding I actually didn’t, you had it first). Also, a friendly reminder, if you don’t embed the link into text it won’t display supers or hets correctly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, I am fixing it now

1 Like