Love is in the air!

Yes! I’m hoping to hit some of those combos with that pretty black pattern. But yeah anything champagne is he*l to ID lol
And thanks!

Congrats on the locks everyone! I’ve been pairing my Super Pastel GHI 66% het Clown to my Mojave Vanilla Sulfur girl, and I’ve been pairing my Pastel possible Chocolate DG to my Calico Enchi. The Calico Enchi let my DG male lock with her a few times and now she shows no interest in him whatsoever, so hopefully she goes this year (this will be her first year breeding), and my Mojave Vanilla Sulfur is already looking like she is getting a nice build on her.

My DG and Calico Enchi

And the Super Pastel GHI and my Mojave Vanilla Sulfur

6 Likes

Another couple confirmed pairings. Huffman blast x black pewter lesser and pastel pied x het pied possible het gcr axanthic. Can not wait from some Huffman gargoyles!

3 Likes

Got one more lol soul sucker yellowbelly x super spectre

6 Likes

Two more join the mix. Excited about a lot of these! These two pairings are soul sucker yellowbelly x mystic potion and black pastel champagne het orange ghost x pastel fader yellowbelly pos het ghost.

4 Likes

Still no luck on visual locks with my two males I wanted to pair to this girl.

So, I tried Banan. He’s a proven male, and bred with her last season.
No go. He tried really hard, but she just isn’t wanting any of it. Ran up my arm several times wanting to get away from him when I would open her tub.

I have come to the conclusion that it’s most likely not the males, but Ava deciding she does not want to breed this year. So I’ve decided to give her the year off, and try again next season.

5 Likes

@trnreptiles keep in mind females won’t breed and lay the same time every year. It’s not usually a huge difference on the date they lay but it can be a couple of months difference. And you may be right she may just not want to breed this year. I have a couple females that have only bred every third year. And I have females that I have tried to give the year off only to have them lay with retained sperm. Every individual female is different. Try giving her a break from breeding attempts and continue or resume feeding her, then try pairing again. Best of luck!!!

4 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind! I’ll probably just watch her for any cool-seeking behavior and check for follicular development, if I see any of those things I’ll try introducing a male again. Thank you!

3 Likes

Time for Ramses first visit to a females tub. I have never even introduced them before. She doesn’t look too interested to me :laughing: but we are in no rush.

5 Likes

She doesn’t look too disinterested though, which is a good sign…:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

He is definitely investigating. Guess we will see. Total noob, should I put him back in his tub when I leave for work or leave him in there overnight and see how things go?

3 Likes

Leave him in overnight! You might come home and find them locked up :wink:

I leave mine in for 2-3 days straight unless they lock and separate sooner

4 Likes

My first lock of the year!! If this girl proves out to be het Cryptic as discovered by the previous breeder, this should be a fun clutch. The pairing is Pastel het Cryptic to Pastel Clown. Hoping for a Super Pastel Crypton in the mix!

5 Likes

@thecrawdfather I leave the males in 3 days at a time. If he locks I take him out when he is done lol. And your female may not be ready yet. A good sign is when she’s lunging out the tub to eat. Patience is the key they will lock when there ready. And try not to disturb them too much give them a lil privacy lol.

5 Likes

@properroyals isn’t cryptic allelic with clown?

2 Likes

@saleengrinch

Crypton being het Clown + het Cryptic
:wink:

3 Likes

@eaglereptiles But technically it would only have one copy of the cryptic gene. So it would be like a candino as opposed to albino. Unless I’m incorrect which I will freely admit I know very little of the cryptic gene.Edit* Reread this didn’t notice the cryptic vs crypton. Think I understand now lol.

3 Likes

Yup, as I think I understand: het clown plus the het cryptic will yield cryptons. An odd ht plus het visual allelic combo.

This particular snake has been an interesting soap opera. I bought her as a mature pastel. Prior breeder hatches her last clutch after I had bought her. Discovers, unexpectedly, he has a few cryptons after pairing her with a het clown. In the meantime, by chance, I had picked up a visual mature male.

Now, here we are…

Strangers in the night… Doo be doo be dooo…

(Edit: I picked up a visual mature CLOWN male)

6 Likes

@properroyals That’s definitely an upgrade lol. I hope it proves out for you!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I work my butt off, but I’m not too proud to take a little luck when it comes my way!

3 Likes