Masters Thesis Study with Ball Pythons

That’s true however if you have a large enough sample size then those can be ruled out and the morph should be the only factor. Some morphs might be different but you don’t need to try every morph.

1 Like

I’ve been in contact with Dynasty Reptiles, Wilbanks Reptiles, Bailey and Bailey Reptiles, etc and all of them have been supportive of the idea! I’ve spoken with my financial aid office and it seems I can bump my rack system up to hold 36-45 hatchlings which could easily increase my number of babies!

Still debating on which morphs to do or if i even want to do the study as it’s still pretty early! I appreciate all of y’all’s advice !!

1 Like

This is a tougher one to answer because it is dealing with a large number of variables and an ill-defined, “qualitative” goal. Shooting from the hip I would say that you would need a minimum of ten animals per grouping and even then I feel your SD and SEM will be fairly spread.

4 Likes

For those like me that have no idea what that end sentence means… I got you!:wink:

“The standard deviation (SD) measures the amount of variability, or dispersion, from the individual data values to the mean, while the standard error of the mean (SEM) measures how far the sample mean (average) of the data is likely to be from the true population mean.”

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I’ve recently been doing more calculations With appropriate sample size and, based upon ANOVA , 6 is an appropriate sample size per group with four groups. Currently, I am planning on doing four groups of nine. Since this is a pilot study, I cant really do a power analysis.