Meet the Tricolours! 🐍

Technically not Hoggies but get called it so will post here!
Meet Wednesday and Deadpool! :black_heart::heart::white_heart:
Wednesday:

Deadpool:

15 Likes

Do you all plan on pairing these wonderful tris? They look like they would make some killer babies. How do you plan on keeping them ie enclosure?

4 Likes

They were kept in tubs before me, so I have them in tubs now, bigger than what they had though, so hoping they’re ok and will eat for fine, and they’re semi bio, substrate, leaf litter etc. (no plants yet) But I have 2 spare exos, so they’ll be going into them once had a couple meals with logs, tubes, plants and all!
And then once they’ve grown a bit more, they’ll move into their final homes, wooden vivs! :grin:

And yes would defo love to pair, found out that the female is Pos Hypo-e, too dark for a normal tricolour, it’s all new to me and I’ve asked about for others to confirm, breeders in the us, one has come back and said she is!
But it’s not known over here in the uk… So I’m trying to research from breeders in the us, which a couple have been so helpful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I love the close ups of the faces! Congratulations on your new tri hoggies! I have a 2 year old that has yet to eat consistently for a month! Hopefully yours will be different! I think I may be keeping him too warm so I have made some adjustments….

Beautiful snakes! Good luck in breeding!
:wink::lizard::frog::snake::blush:

3 Likes

Ours ate Friday luckily, and out other newbie too. So touch wood will stay eating.
Fussy snakes are a pain :sweat_smile:

And Thankyou!
Hopefully your guy started eating well soon, he must know mice are yummy :yum::joy:

2 Likes

I have a pair of tricolors. The male can be a picky eater and I eventually just put him in the cold for brumation. The female will almost always eat. Make sure she has a cool damp hide and a warm hide or deep substrate. I keep them in. 75F cool end and 83 hot side, but they seem fine cooler.

3 Likes

I mean they’re freaking adorable…

7 Likes

5 Likes

I love tri hogs! I don’t know if I will ever keep them though because of their extremely short lifespans (7-8 years). Never know though. Have they been eating consistently?

1 Like

It is a shame they don’t live long… Think with females the fact they multi clutch, may have something to do with it?

Eating non stop! Every week, not missed a meal yet, always out wanting to eat too haha, just about to up the size for them. :grin:

5 Likes

It is pretty awesome that they lay 4 (and sometimes more) clutches. That’s great they are such good eaters. wonder if that will pass on to the offspring :thinking:

4 Likes

6 Likes

They’re so pretty! What are their personalities like? Do they differ from Western Hognose behaviors?

2 Likes

Personality wise these are both awesome, female was fiesty at first but now a lot better!
They’re very similar to western though, just don’t live as long unfortunately.
Though I will say our western is a lot more sassy :joy:

3 Likes

Took these today too funny though!

3 Likes