More Organization in Messaging System [DONE] [1164]

Made a second topic to keep things more precise.

Messaging System

The messaging system is rather simplistic, but I think some improvements can be made.

Editing: I’d like to be able to edit messages. Sometimes I forget to add something, or I make a typo.
To prevent any scamming issues to arise from this, I would recommend either:

• Having a time limit on the edit feature, so you can’t edit the messages after a set amount of time (like 24 hours)
  • Messages can’t be edited after the animal is marked as sold, whether or not the animal was sold to them
  • Archiving the originals and the edits so that moderators can go back and see what was edited, in case either the buyer or seller tries to falsify messages

Archiving/Deleting Threads:
An option that would allow users to archive messages — which hides them from view, but also allows them to go back and look at them if needed.

Deleting would just remove the messages on the users’ end altogether, though the other user would still be able to see the message thread unless deleted.

An auto delete and/or auto archive option for closed threads would also be useful.

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Listing of previous inquiries from customer [DONE]

I just have a little suggestion…

Nothing special,
But it would be nice to be able to send pictures with the messages.:wink:

I have to admit i don’t know hard it would to implement that on the technical view of things. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can send and receive pictures through the email part of the system, but you can’t view or send photos on the actual MorphMarket site itself.

Though having that implemented might make things a little easier. I typically reply via the site itself, so if I want to send any pictures I have to pull up my emails and do it that way, or use a different contact method entirely (such as texting the pictures to their phone number)

Hi there everyone!

We’re new sellers on MM but long users of the site. We’ve never had an issue with the messaging insofar as, it works. But now that we are sellers, it would be awesome to be able to sort out the messages in at least two categories: my buy inquiries and inquiries on my listed stock.

Another very helpful thing would be to be able to click on an ad and see all of the inquiries related to a particular ad. I know that I can see how many inquiries were sent on the inventory page, but it sucks going back through all the messages to see who it was that inquired on a particular ad. And i only imagine it will get worse once we have a couple of years under our belt.

Also, if I’m just a noob and don’t know how to do this, maybe some explanation would be in order. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your help with this!

2 Likes

Great feedback!

1 Like