Morphmarket Availability

I need to stay off the market part of morphmarket :wink: Everytime I get on there i find a new snake or gene that I want and my taste in genes is getting more expensive.
I recently got into tristripe and now waiting to get my puzzles this last time I was on there got me wanting to get into cryptic.

10 Likes

Iā€™m the same with Crestiesā€¦
I need to stop as brought 14 this yearā€¦ Need someone to smack my phone out of my hand! :joy:

4 Likes

I have the same problem. Its difficalt to stick to a plan when something really nice comes up.

Yea, I have someone who does that for me, my wife :roll_eyes:

But in seriousness she did get me to promise not to buy at night if I have had a few Rums.

3 Likes

Iā€™m single so I donā€™t have to run it buy anyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wife or more animals :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry I donā€™t have to get permission to buy more

@jesseleavitt that bit if fun brightened up my day :slight_smile:

But to be serious for a bit, do your plans keep changing or do you expand them as you see new things?

My problem is that I keep buying more sand boas. Iā€™ve bought at least a dozen in the last year. ā€œBut itā€™s so rare!ā€ ā€œBut it enhances an existing project!ā€ ā€œBut Iā€™ve always wanted that gene!ā€ ā€œBut I need more females!ā€ ā€œBut itā€™s a trade, which means itā€™s free, right?ā€

5 Likes

I expand on existing projects

Me too usually but I am not always that disciplined. Sometimes i see something new, fall in love and get into new projects. Then I have to get another snake to go with it.
Where will it end

1 Like

My only saving grace at the moment is that Iā€™m trying to find a house or apartment to rent, otherwise Iā€™d have way more than I already do! Looking at you, ultramel project (and to a lesser extent colubrids).

2 Likes

Iā€™m exactly the same, my husband is constantly trying me to stop looking at geckos or snakes :slight_smile:

I have been passing them off as a possible investment to convince him, even though we are just starting out with the breeding side of things and we are likely to keep most of what we breed :grin: so investment is a huge exaggeration, hence possible :grin:

lucky for me, I do the money in the familyā€¦I want to point out that the snakes are technically his anyway :smirk:

1 Like

Same with my wife, she says i love them more than her :smirk:

yes I tried that trick too. she is not buying it. She knows me well and that I will keep most and use any money to buy more expensive animals :roll_eyes:

Thatā€™s my problem, she does the fiances :unamused:

1 Like

No one slapped my handā€¦
Found an adult female Amel fat tail gecko for my boy Grandpaā€¦
Does this class as ok to purchase her, since heā€™s so so lonelyā€¦ Soā€¦ Lonelyā€¦ Look at how sad he is with no girlfriendā€¦
Heā€™s searching for a friend see :slightly_frowning_face:
Those eggs wonā€™t be your friend buddyā€¦ :persevere::sob::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Donā€™t tell him :shushing_face::joy:
Luckily the other half is usually showing me Cresties also. I mean heā€™s always the one to bring home rescue reptiles for ā€˜usā€™ to look after and find decent homes for.
Latest rehabilitation member is a 2 year old Albino Burmese whoā€™s not eaten in over a year! Skinny, stuck shed and mites! He/she is going to be hard to let go as so friendly and adorable, but he/she is going to my friend so I know will be loved and cared for :heart:

4 Likes

We tell each other everything and tbh Iā€™m pretty good with money and his answer is ā€œas long as we can afford itā€ :grin: he knows I wonā€™t buy something we canā€™t afford to care forā€¦ My eldest son gets the most annoyed as delivery is usually a reptile, or for the Reptiles and he wants to know why itā€™s not for him. Doesnā€™t matter that we have a house overflowing with toys

Some people buy clothes for funā€¦ Iā€™d rather buy reptiles

4 Likes

Yeah I canā€™t keep a secret about anything. Even when wanting to surprise him with something I find it hardā€¦
Haha thatā€™s brilliant! Maybe the next reptile can be for him? My daughter loves everything here and says ā€˜Is be mine aswell?ā€™ :sweat_smile: Shes 6 in June bless her. Itā€™s always a yea Ofcourse! She loves her new Crestie too and had first cuddle today with him and loves how small and cute he is and his red spots! :blush:

Love that, Iā€™m the same too, weā€™ve got these longer than a jumper or pair of trousers! My family think Iā€™m mental at times I swear. Iā€™m the only one with reptiles/amphibiansā€¦ So maybe they just donā€™t get it :thinking:

2 Likes

I just bought hubby an albino ball python as an early birthday present, birthday is June. And I couldnā€™t keep it quiet so told him before I actually put the deposit down lol

My 7 year old asks which ones are his, he occasionally holds them, takes pictures of them and brings sticks home for them, he just likes calling them his Geckoā€™s. I said he can choose a baby reptile when we eventually breed some.

Iā€™m trying to restrain myself this year as purchased 1 snake and 1 Crestie this year and far too many last year lol! I am Trying to look logically that space will run out (for the Cresties at least) and breeding is my goalā€¦ If I buy too many, then I canā€™t breed the reptiles we do have!

Once the kids are older and have significantly less toys, I will be going all out again though :grin: if I make it that long lol

People without Reptiles donā€™t understand that owning 1 reptile just isnā€™t a possibility :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tell me about it! Kaneki was my first boy and I just fell head over heels!..
Well now we have 32 Crested Geckos (atm), male Panther chameleon, colon dart frogs, williamsi, mournings, giant African land snail, 3 fat tails, a hermans tortoise and a sulcata, a southern toad, 3 musk turtles, a banana royalā€¦ And to top it off a marine tank, little tropical tank, big pond full of Koi, 3 dogs and Italian coturnix quail.
And most of them have names too but may take me a while to listā€¦ :joy:
And i mean, is that really enough?.. :rofl::face_with_raised_eyebrow::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Me too, I wish I could !!

2 Likes