My clown Emma

I can’t help but feel bad for her. And to make matter worse im being made to feel I shouldn’t keep snakes. Noone has made mention that she came messed up but make me feel as i did this to her. Im doing what I can.

No one here has accused you of anything, all the questions are to try and figure out what’s going on with her health and why she may not be eating. Ball pythons can be tricky and it’s better to fully understand the circumstances in order to help both you and her. If you can’t figure out what’s going on, you might need to work something out with the breeder to return her and get a refund.

Any hobby involving animals is going to involve unplanned accidents, deaths and health problems. While you can do everything right and have plans to mitigate as many problems as possible, sometimes this stuff just happens. I used to breed and show purebred registered dairy goats and my last year of breeding my herd was hit with a Clostridium Perfringens/enterotoxemia infection and I ended up losing 80% of my herd and thousands of $$. It sucks, it really does, but sometimes these things just happen out of the blue. If you aren’t prepared emotionally or financially to have to deal with the unexpected occasionally, maybe it isn’t for you. And there’s nothing wrong making that decision.

1 Like

I think we all know the risks its just sucks for the moment. Im sure I’ll bounce back make better decisions on who to buy from how to buy.

2 Likes

Try another vet, get them to check for parasites and any kind of infection. You don’t have to get X rays and all of the high dollar tests. I have a little low white pied, from a really good breeder, she had nematodes, being wormed made a big difference. Vet said that a snake can get them from live prey. I spent around 90 dollars on her vet bill.

1 Like