My hearts broken. (Trigger warning)

I am so happy to hear that she seems to be doing as good as she can given the circumstances! I am still holding on to the small bit of hope that she will get through this.

And it is so great that you are going to document her journey with this here as it may be very important to someone in the future.

It will be hard but keep up a positive attitude and keep pushing forward!

5 Likes

What a fine snoot shot that is! Iā€™m glad to read that Diana is recovering well from the biopsy. Itā€™s good that sheā€™s moving around more, also. Relief from pain is now understood to be an important component of healing.
Itā€™s brave of you to document Dianaā€™s story. We will keep thinking positive and saying prayers.

5 Likes

Omg that picture is adorable. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Glad to hear that sheā€™s recovering well and is acting more like herself with the pain meds. I think itā€™s great that youā€™re willing to keep us all in the loop about her journey, however it ends up going. At the very least, I hope you can at least get some good time with her, however long that ends up being. :heart:

5 Likes

February 22 update.

Not much to update on Diana as were still waiting on the biopsy results. She still seems to be handing the Tramadol fine. I have began soaking her every other day to make sure she remains hydrated to prevent damaging her kidneys. She doesnā€™t mind, my big cuddle noodle has always loved the water!!! Thats all that I have for you fine folks this time around.
Next update hopefully I will have the results of her biopsy.

8 Likes

Aww. Good to have the updates. Iā€™m glad that sheā€™s handling her recoveryfrom the biopsy well.

I love this description!! :grinning: :heart:

3 Likes

No lies!!! I used to be able to put her in the tub and go do things around the house with no fear of her going on an adventure!!! The cutest thing is when she just hangs out underwater and blows bubbles!!!

4 Likes

That sounds absolutely adorable. :grin: :grinning:

4 Likes

I think it might be that time. Have not heard back on the biopsy yet. About to call her vet.
More to come laterā€¦

7 Likes

I have my fingers crossed for you! Much love to you and her!

5 Likes

Rest in peace my baby Diana.

8 Likes

So sorry to hear that. She was a fighter and she doesnā€™t have to suffer anymore.

8 Likes

Rest in peace, Diana. My heart goes out to you, @rdurha1. I am so sorry for your loss. Love and prayers.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone.
You were all correct that I would know when it was time to say goodbye to Diana, and that time was this morning. I really hoped to have at least another month or two with my baby girl but that wasnā€™t in the higher powers plans.
She was doing pretty good (all things considered) since my last update. Last night she seemed a little more lethargic then she had been when I was giving her pain medication to her. When I have been giving her ,her medication, I have to lift her hide off of her and move it like a foot away. Usualy afterwards she would head straight into her hide for the night, but when I woke up this morning she had barely moved. She also, I noticed, refused to move the lower 3/4 of her body unless i really coursed her to. That along with her increaced respiration rate this morning told me everything i had to know.
This is my last picture of Diana I took today before bringing her into the vet.

11 Likes

So sorry to hear, this is the part thats never easy. She was stunning and you did an amazing job with her.

8 Likes

You made the last greatest act of love for your Princess Diana this morning. I know how awful that was to go through but I know right after, you felt a huge sense of relief from the sick feeling you have been carrying around in the pit of your stomach, just anticipating this morningā€™s event.

I know men arenā€™t supposed to cry but thatā€™s rubbish. Lock yourself in the bathroom and bawl your eyes out . You will feel the release.

Take careā€¦ā€¦:pray:

7 Likes

Iā€™m so very sorry about Diana. I know you were hoping to have more time with her, but you made the right call and did right by her. Good on you for knowing your snake and being able to listen when she was telling you the time had come. She was a beautiful girl, and itā€™s obvious she was very well-loved. Rest in peace, Diana.

6 Likes

I am sorry, @rdurha1. It is so obvious that you did your best for your sweet Diana throughout her life. You continued to do that right to your final act of love. You will mourn and you will miss her, because you loved her. It is hard, hard. I hope that your spirit will be at peace and that the heavy ache in your heart will ease. RIP, beautiful, sweet Diana.

6 Likes