My wife and I are new here!

Hello all, my wife and I are new here. We are going to start breeding ball pythons for a hobby. We have three snakes currently, and are always looking for advice or tips. Our male is a Spider vanilla enchi yellow belly and our female 1 is a enchi lesser, female 2 is a visual albino. Anyone have ideas on what to breed them with to make the coolest babies?

7 Likes

Welcome! How did you become interested in ball pythons, if you don’t mind sharing?

Lots of friendly folks and good information here, so you’ve definitely come to the right place!

I’d suggest getting a male albino or het albino to go with your female albino, if you want to produce any visual albino hatchlings.

The rest of the morphs you’re working with are all dominant morphs, so you can pair them with whatever you like. The spider vanilla enchi yellowbelly is a good match for your enchi lesser. Another female with yellowbelly would give you a chance for ivory. A male with lesser (or one of the alleles–mojave, etc) with your female enchi lesser would give you a chance for blue-eyed leucistics.

2 Likes

you are awesome thanks, So I hated snakes with a passion my wife wanted a chameleon for her birthday. Well actually she wanted a snake and knew I wouldn’t let one in my house so I went to the store found out a chameleon is a boring pet. I said screw it i will get her a snake bought the enchi lesser. And then i feel in love with the thing bought two more snakes built terrariums. Now i want more snakes am building a rack and incubator lol

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Wow! Nice enclosures and snakes! Yeah, they’re easy to fall in love with. I enjoy them, not only for their morphs, but also because they are such a calm species. I kept other reptiles before ball pythons because I thought they were fascinating, but I really fell in love with the BPs because I find them so relaxing to handle.

2 Likes

Breed the one with yellowbelly to a Gravel so you ca get some cool highways. Make sure the Gravel IS a gravel and not just a yellow belly buy from a reputable breeder like sun devil in Arizona or superior Scales Reptiles in Oklahoma.

I’d breed the albino to something that’s 100% double reccessive so you’ll have triple het babies then breed the babies back to dad to see at least 2 of the three recessive genes that made up the babies.

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m new as well, to breeding, and I also have albinos, a pair, and a banana het pied and a pied :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Ball python addiction!

3 Likes

Welcome, just picked up my coral glow male 100 het pied and my female pastel DH caramel albino 100 het pied comes in Tommorow

2 Likes

Welcome to the hobby! Get on worldofballpythons.com and start looking at different morphs you really like and want to work with. The albino girl i would throw to something that you can make hets on and start raising them up. Get a headstart, unless you want to breed her to an albino/albino combo to make more albinos! There are A LOT of possibilities!

1 Like

Welcome! I’m still new-ish to the hobby as well, I’ve been keeping ball pythons for about a year now but somehow got myself up to 13 of them (plus 1 boa haha)

2 Likes

Before you know it you will have 100! @trnreptiles

1 Like

@reptilefrenzy I’m sure of it, haha! Just like the t-shirt my boyfriend got me – it says “I have multiple reptile disorder - I just can’t have one!”
I’m probably gonna be holding 1-2 back from my first clutch I’m hoping to see drop here soon! It’s a butter spinner x butter pairing and I was told she should be ovulating within the next month or so. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan!

2 Likes

Welcome. And join the club. I’m so new, I didn’t even have anything big enough to breed this year. Next will be close, but I’m pretty positive that’s out too.