Need an ID for this ball python!

So, it has been brought to my attention that my female that I just got may not be what the seller sold her to me as.

She was claimed to be a butter leopard super stripe (aka spector yellowbelly)

Another breeder who has a male that looks very similar to her posted on my Instagram post introducing her, and says he thinks she’s just a butter leopard poss yb/spector, but that she doesn’t have super stripe.
This is the male this breeder has that looks similar to Avery

Here is her direct listing (she is marked as sold so you’ll need to be logged in to view it I believe) - https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/pythons/ball-pythons/608446

Breeder’s listing said the pairing was a
1.0 pastel orange dream enchi leopard specter to a 0.1 butter yellowbelly

Here are the couple pictures I have of her myself:

Additional pictures:

Also got these but they make her look way lighter than she actually is (the outdoor pics are more accurate to her actual colors)

5 Likes

She’s not a super stripe, she’s a butter leopard for sure, not sure if she has yellowbelly or specter. Leopard can make butter/lesser stripe out like that on its own.

1 Like

She doesn’t quite seem to have the “alien heads” like I see on other butter leopards I’m finding on Google and listed on MorphMarket , so I’m unsure if this is just a case of morph variation or if one of the more subtle morphs from the pairing is causing that more reduced side pattern

Edit: she has a pretty obvious spot on her head stamp, which does lead me to believe she is yellowbelly or spector (I’m not sure if spector also has the dot headstamp like yb does)

1 Like

This was my butter leopard male and he doesn’t have too many alien heads either. They look pretty similar as well

I feel like if your girl was super stripe as well, it would obliterate the side markings a little more, but I could be wrong

2 Likes

Don’t know not great at identifying ball pythons but she looks great

1 Like

Yeah, I can definitely see that.

As a general update, I did reach out to the breeder about the concerns I had and he agreed to a partial refund, so I’m happy with that.

Except he sent it as goods and services for some reason so it took a fee out. Oh well, I’m not gonna complain lmao

I agree with you! I believe it is carrying a yellowbelly complex gene.

1 Like

leopard butter/lesser yellowbelly/spector imo

Here is my leopard lesser… plus 2 hets but there is always some degree of dimorphism.

4 Likes