Need some ID help

This clutch has me stumped. Pairing was OD Pastel het Pied probably Sandblast x OD Pastel het Pied probably Sandblast. Since I’m not too familiar with OD combos I’m having difficulty identifying what some of these are, mostly the silverish animals. Any help is appreciated.

And this one?

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like they have shed yet. Best to wait since they gain color as they grow.

Sometime waiting can also make it more difficult.

2 Likes

In the case of OD, I have always found that waiting a shed or two helps bring out the phenotype better

That said… Tentatively, the animal in your hand on the left has OD in it, the Pied lower left in the full clutch has OD in it, and the Pied dead centre in the full clutch pic might have OD in it

1 Like

Thank you for the help. Those are the animals I see OD in as well. It’s the silvery animals that are throwing me off. Even at first glance of most OD clutches there is significantly more color from what I’ve seen. They’re not Axanthic and there is no Cinny/BP in the parents.

I’m seeing at least 2 with mojave??

Having had two clutches that included BlkPewter and OD, I know this pain. And I am still not certain on any of the IDs on the BlkPewter animals I produced as I had to rely more on the pattern effects and less on the colour

Absolutely no chance of Mojave. Pairing was Pastel OD het Pied x Pastel OD het Pied, both probably Sandblast because the look entirely different from the sibling Pastel OD het Pied I held back with them.

1 Like

Neither adult carries Cinny or Black Pastel but I understand it appears that way from the clutch.

1 Like

Yeah, I know those genes are not your pairing, I was just recounting my similar difficulty when dealing with trying to identify OD in a “grey” combo

1 Like

You might need to wait 200 grams to ID orange dream if not apparent via examining the last third as a hatchling or elaborate combo

1 Like

No chance either of the parents are carrying it? Phenotypes can be confusing though I could always be wrong… This is the one that had me thinking mojave particularly, I would have said OD/superOD Pastel Mojave Sandblast/super

Forgive my ignorance, do you have any Super Sandblasts or similar? Not quite sure how the gene works in that sense