New bp owner concerns

Hello everyone, I’m new to reptiles in general and this is my first reptile and snake. I made sure to do some research for about 2 months before I got my baby girl so that her husbandry would be optimal and I would hopefully have a good grasp on what I’m doing. She’s around 4-5months old. My concerns are around eating (who would’ve guessed) and regular BP digestion times. I fed her about a week after I got her and she ate it with no problems and then pooped a few days after. What is weird is now it has been a week and and 2 days since she last ate and has ignored any thawed hoppers I put in her terrarium. And she also pooped again last night…I thought they were only supposed to poop once after their meal. I read somewhere that that could mean she is sick or constipated but she looks perfectly healthy, she’s constantly exploring and flicking her tongue…so I’m kind of lost. Am I worried for nothing. Any advice and or critiques are welcome! Sorry if I didn’t post in the right place :slight_smile:

1 Like

It normally takes BP a week to fully digest their meal and then have their bowel movement. So your girl seems to be healthy as far as that is concerned.

Here is a helpful link

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Welcome to the community :blush::wave:
Feel free to share some pictures of you little girl :blush:.

First off, 2 days off schedule is nothing to worry about at all. You will likely find that out in the future though, ball pythons are notorious for eating only when they feel like it.

Some of the time they will poop in one go, some of the time they will poop half now and another half a few days later (when everything is clean :expressionless:)…

Here is a New owner with non feeding hatchling, troubleshooting 101 guide that is worth reading through for the future.

5 Likes