New keeper from Florida

I’m pretty new to keeping reptiles. Used to mess around with boas and pythons when I was younger, but that’s been awhile. Anyway, I’ve recently acquired a yellow rat snake and my wife got a crested gecko.

2 Likes

@hensley513 welcome to the group!

1 Like

Nice choice on the yellow rat snake and welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you, he’s a beauty. He was sold as a Hypo Yellow Rat Snake, but I’m not sure that’s what he is.

Mind posting some pictures of him? Always nice to find a fellow Eastern rat snake owner.

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s one beautiful example of that species!
It’s hard to say, but from what I can see I believe he is hypo. There are many others on here that have more experience than I do with rat snakes. But I think that’s a hypo yellow rat, very nice sir!

1 Like

Thank you, he is a beauty. He was sold as a hypo Yellow Rat, though I’m not very familiar myself

1 Like

He sure is. Takes so many years to find out how to identify genetics properly. We’re all consistently learning, but that the sweet thing with snakes. You could research your entire life and still there is so much left to learn.

1 Like

From what I can tell it is a hypo. If it is from a reputable breeder it should be as they sold it.

1 Like

Nice to hear that so one else they keeps reptiles lives in Florida

1 Like

Yes :+1:t2: I’m in the Port Charlotte/North Port area

PSL, Martin

1 Like

Welcome! Beautiful snake!

1 Like

Awesome snk. Welcome.

1 Like