New Member and New to Ball Pythons

Hello everyone! New member here from Texas in the US. My name’s Steph - nice to meet you all!

My husband finally got his first ball python a couple of years ago. Then he got another one. Then we went to the NARBC in Arlington together last fall… and now he has three, and I have one too! A beautiful Banana Mystic Yellowbelly (she may also be het for Sunset and/or Clown) whom I’ve named Pikabu.

We also keep a couple of red-eared sliders - two were rescued from my mom’s cats and one had invaded a friend’s garden pond and was threatening her lily and fish populations. :laughing: Not sure how people here feel about keeping reptiles found in the wild, but red-eared sliders are considered highly invasive in my area, so we felt it would be more ethical to keep them rather than release them.

We also have a Texas spiny lizard whom my children saved from our barn cat. :relaxed:

Here is a photo of my lovely Pikabu! :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Oops! Somehow I added two pictures instead of just one. Not sure what I did there!

2 Likes

I mean, you wont see any of us complaining :P. Welcome! Im browsing at 11:23 PM so forgive my welcome being so short xD

5 Likes

Welcome to the community and we look forward to having you in our chats and shenanigans. Love the banana and would love to see more pics of your reptiles. :metal:

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! What kind of dog is that in your profile pic? Looks a lot like a wolf - so beautiful!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, Celtic! Look forward to getting to know you.

2 Likes

Here is a photo of our Pastel Enchi Asphalt boy, Loki. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

She is “GSD x Husky” she is beautiful and very loving! Ive got 6 total (well, 5, 1 is my housemates, but hes part of the pack so i count him haha)

3 Likes

What breed is that?

1 Like

GSD stands for German Shepherd Dog. Its the acronym for German Shepherd haha

2 Likes

Lol! I thought that it might be but I didn’t want to assume :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

You have some lovely snakes :grin:

Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

People keep those. Could we a picture of it?

1 Like

Wow beautiful

1 Like

Welcome fellow Texan! What a stunning banana that is. Super super gorgeous! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

@thegamingbaryonyx - I’ll see if I can get a good one!

Wow that’s awesome! Welcome to the community here at MorphMarket !
If you need a friend to talk to or ever have any questions, visit Valhalla Strike Reptiles for any advice or questions you may have!

1 Like

I almost forgot! Here are a couple of photos of the Texas Spiny lizard:

4 Likes