New rescue Rameses

Meet…Rameses… was found in the motor of a tow truck…thank God they didnt kill him but brought into local pet store as a missing pet python…lol. Im treating him for the burns he had across his belly…& release…Prairie kingsnake.

4 Likes

9 Likes

8 major burns/ scale rotting happening in the burn spots…treatment…soaking & topical polysporian antibiotic

3 Likes

*** originally all cleaned with Betadine** soaked…recleaned …soaked. ointment

3 Likes

Oh what a gorgeous creature. I hope you’ll be able to get the burns to heal.

2 Likes

Poor guy! I’m so glad he had someone to care for him and help him recover, and get back to his wild life. This is a heartening story, good behavior from all the humans involved! Thanks, I needed that. :+1::purple_heart:

1 Like

Thanks. The pet store orginally called me just to ID him & go put him where I know a local population was. When I seen all the burns though…I could just let him go without treatment. I feel bad for him. I think he will heal up just fine. Keeping until he sheds out & the reddness is gone.

2 Likes

That’s really so kind of you. I’m sure he’ll heal better and faster without having the burns exposed to all of the opportunistic pathogens in his native environment. Time to heal, to convalesce, then back to home in the wild. He’s a lucky creature.

2 Likes

Make sure you know your state laws about releasing wildlife back into the wild. Where I am if you have kept the animal for 6 months (or something like that) then it cannot be released. Make sure you don’t expose it to anything in a captive collection as well, as releasing it after that could have devastating effects on local wildlife.

5 Likes

Yes…agreed. He is in another room entirely from my Collection…currently my kitchen. In the state…you cant …buy or sell or trade native. But can keep non vulnerable population with a fishing license. Ill prolly only have him…6wksish…is the plan.

3 Likes

I know where the tow truck company is located…so Im try to release around that area.

3 Likes

If he wants to refuse any food…he may not stay that long. Just treat him best I can. He is a kingsnake though…lol. it would be nice to @ least get a meal in before release.

3 Likes

He’s beautiful! Glad he found his way to you so he can heal up and recover in a safe environment.

And who on earth mistakes a king snake for a python? :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

@slpocrnich, any update on Rameses?

Hey!! Yes. He is doing well… He actually just shed & is all but completely healed up!!! Absolutely no infection. Altho there is scaring. No luck on a meal so far…Ima try again to get a meal in him this coming week & after that Im comfortable sending him on his way.

1 Like

Ill have to get a good pic of him all healed up before I let him go

2 Likes

Forgot to post his before go pics…he really wouldn’t hold still for the belly pics to show his heal spots…scars…

2 Likes

4 Likes

I let him shed out again with me…& got him to where he was eating & getting chubby…released mid/ end of July.

2 Likes

Nice! Gotta love a happy ending! :heart:

2 Likes