Newby from Tennessee

My brother bought me my first Ball python a couple years ago. We named him Tiberius. Love this Beautiful boy. I had wanted to get a BP for a long time. I Researched and ask a friend a lot of questions. Only problem is I want more of them and maybe start raising some babies later on. I think I am addicted LOL! :smiley:
I also have 3 Geckos as pets. All females, Genny, Helena and Jynx. I have 1 dog, Belle, 3 pet rats, Scarlett, Lacy and Sweets, 1 mouse, named Dude, 2 Horses, Lady and Little Mini pony Max. I use to raise, train and show horses. But through the years I had to sell out due to unforseen circumstances. Lady will be 24 years old in April. She is my 1st Spotted Saddle Horse I bought and Showed her most of the time. We are growing old together. They’re all my babies.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard…Hope to see some pictures soon. I had 4 pet rats thru out the years…Such smart and loving little creatures. I no longer keep any due to them usually not living more then 3 years…I don’t like the heart break when they pass or as I had to do with one of mine put him down by a Vet. I have two Prairie Dogs that are super attached/bonded to me…I know I’ll lose it the day they pass. Horses? Thats cool…I’ve never even rode one lol. Once again welcome aboard.

4 Likes

Thank you. Yes the rats don’t have a very long lifespan. I already lost one male, My
brother named him Scabbers. He was a sweetie. I raised some babies to feed my ball python. I didn’t realize they grew so fast. Being new to rat breeding. I gave them to friend that needed them. Tiberius quit eating for a while, Everyone said it was because of breeding season. He was used for breeding before I got him. He was also kept in a rack system, so I am thinking that might have something to do with it too. I keep in a 30 gal tank. When I first got him He was eating really good for about 6 months, then He quit eating for about 3 1/2 months, then started eating again. Now He has not ate since Dec. 2nd. So I am thinking
about getting a Rack System built and putting him in there and see if it would make a difference. I don’t like it when he doesn’t eat. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community l!!! Sorry to say but the addiction only gets worse!!! Im not to far from Tennessee myself. I live in St. Louis and have been to Memphis quite a few times.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! You have a great variety of animals :smiley:

Would you like to share some photos of them?

1 Like

Here are a few. LOL

8 Likes

Great looking animals…The dog wearing the shirt hilarious…Wow that horse I want one damn its jaja.

I had just given Lady a bath back last summer. She looks terrible in the winter. She rolls in the mud and gets nasty. I picked out a bunch of stuff in her mane and tail this morning.
Belle will be 14 this year, she is still hyper and runs around like she is a pup. She just can’t hear that well. Vet said she is developing cataracts a little bit.
Go Vols! LOL!

2 Likes

I’m in love with your animals @wmb1965

Especially the pony! >.<

1 Like

Lady is 14.2 hands tall. Max is 32 inches tall. He is a mini pony.

3 Likes

@wmb1965 they are all beautiful!

I recently became a horse mom back in July when I raffled off a snake rack and a custom logo to save a kill-pen horse. Her name is Lilith. We still haven’t been able to ride her yet, but she’s definitely come a long way. They think she was used a bronc horse and loathes tall men. She is all spoiled now though.

6 Likes

I had a TWH mare that was the same color. Grey Roan. She was out of Ironworks a 3 time plantation champion. I miss her. She was a very sweet mare. Lilith looks really good.

1 Like