Newest Arrival - soft scale

So my newest purchase has finally arrived :grin:

Meet Berb. She is a soft scale with some awesome genes and will be paired with my male soft scale (when he is of age) in hope of a super soft scale.

Not great photos as she needs to settle in. But here are some pics :relaxed: I just love her floppy crests :star_struck:

7 Likes

Finally!! :heart:
I have her daughter so about time mummy turned up for you :grin::heart:

4 Likes

She wasn’t too impressed with being couriered lol this was her when I first put her in :flushed:

4 Likes

:joy:
Oh she isn’t happy!! How dare you give her a nice home :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

She cheered up once she realised she wasn’t in a tub anymore. She fired up so quickly after having a little drink and some UV

3 Likes

Maybe she’ll eat right away for you :blush:

2 Likes

I hope so, she is a chunky girl so hopefully she loves her food. I left the main scales in the snake room so I used the baby scales, not very well though. She weighed approx 50g, I’m going to weigh her again in a couple of days.

3 Likes

Oh ideal! Tom does make his geckos chunky haha. Créme was 53 last I checked. But I do think she’s lost weight and not eaten much since she moved here! So checking again tomorrow.

Do you know Berb parents/lineage so I know Crémes grandparents on her side! :blush:

2 Likes

What is soft scaled is it a morph

1 Like

Rather than me going off on a big rant about it I’ll give you this to read as Anthony found it. But it’s the structure/scales being different and colouration.
Here you go :blush: I have some myself and they feel amazing too! :grin:

https://acreptiles.com/new_store/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=16

2 Likes

She’s adorable! :heart_eyes: And I love the pic of her looking cranky when you first put her in! It’s like me in the morning!

Not much info on dad, but I will pm any pics I have. They aren’t my pics so I can’t put them on here.

She is bubblegum line.

Soft scale is slightly different to a normal Crestie. Colours are more vibrant esp when fired down and they are softer than the average Crestie.

Here is a link to a morph guide I created with some detail, including close up pics of the scales to see the difference, just click to soft scale. But the link to AC Reptiles is more in-depth

1 Like

She looked totally sorry for herself in the tub, she was fine when handled but as soon as she thought she was going back into the box she acted all grumpy, I was worried for a moment that she was going to try to eat me from sheer grumpiness lol but after she realised the journey was over she was quite happily posing for pics and exploring :relaxed:

1 Like