Non-reptile pets

Abnor hasn’t been to happy about the cooler weather but sweaters, fires in the fireplace, and heat pads help

12 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so cute warming up near the fire.
I don’t know much about pigs so I must ask, is it house trained? If so how long did it take to reinforce the behavior?

2 Likes

@slither_shack yes he’s fully house broken. I got him when he was 3 months old and he was already potty trained, but pigs can’t hold their bladders until around 9 months old, so he had a litter box for emergencies.

4 Likes

That is SO awesome!

2 Likes

I would have to agree haha
it’s really so crazy how smart pigs are, they catch on to stuff so quickly. But those smarts also come with a LOT of stubbornness.

2 Likes

This is my cat Rusty! (Technically he’s my sister’s cat but I call him mine anyway) he’s a bit of a jerk sometimes but I love him regardless. Excuse the mess in most of the background I’m in the process of moving right now :’)

8 Likes

I have two cats, Coda and Alastor, and a chinchilla named Margaret. Coda is the tabby and Alastor is the one-eyed white/orange.

I’d love to add some tarantulas to the menagerie down the road. I had a beautiful Mexican Red-Knee as a kid that I adored, and there are so many more species available in the pet trade nowadays!

9 Likes

Awesome pets! I have always loved chinchillas.

Welcome to the MorphMarket fam!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m very fond of Margaret. She was a rather unexpected rescue, so there’s been a bit of a learning curve in learning to care for her, but she’s doing well! Chins aren’t exactly low-maintenance pets, but they’re worth all the effort. She’s just so freaking cute!

2 Likes

Lol, this is a understatement! They take lots of specific care and attention.

2 Likes

Indeed. And the amount of poop produced by such a small creature is truly alarming. :laughing:

…though actually, it’s when they STOP pooping that you really need to worry.

3 Likes

Amazing pets :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here is my newest non reptile pet. Picked him up yesterday so his still settling in.

10 Likes

He looks very sweet. :blush:

2 Likes

Very pretty!

2 Likes

The neighbors brought home a dozen Bantum chickens. Never put them in the chicken coup. Throughout the summer they were roosting in the trees that separates the properties.
Through predation there is only one beautiful Bantum rooster left. I’ve been feeding him ever since the weather took a turn. Last night we got about 5" of snow. The rooster was under our vehicles where there is no snow.
Being the animal lover I am , he’s in the house now for time being.
I wouldn’t sleep very well knowing he’s outside with no shelter.
He’s under a laundry basket for the moment untill I can find where the puppy playpen went.

8 Likes

Awhhhhh, bless your heart!

4 Likes

He’s a lucky Rooster :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hope you aren’t too attached to those blankets… Chicken poo is no joke… :joy:

We once found a chicken being chased by a dog in our neighborhood and caught it then sheltered her for a bit. She had lost the majority of feathers and we eventually gave it to an elderly couple who had a flock of chickens. She is still doing well after 4 years :slight_smile:

5 Likes

THISSSSSS :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My mom brought me “goggles” earlier as a surprise. :laughing: :heart:

4 Likes