Normal ‘Dinker’

I’ve been using the marketplace to check the morphs. If it is actually the result of 2 WC normals then I find it unlikely to get a designer morph that also shows the major color change. I agree that it will be interesting to see how it turns out and if it is genetic (both the pattern and color change). I personally would focus on isolating the morph and proving it’s genetic rather than trying to find something it is or isn’t compatible with. I would pair her with a 1 or 2 gene snake (the less the better) so you can easily isolate it. When you choose what to pair her with I would agree with the spotnose complex (mainly because I have no better guesses).

1 Like

I agree don’t want to add to much to the mix. But… if you pair here to a super form of the spotnose complex you would be able to see if you make an als. If not every single baby carries the complex gene and if there is an additional gene present that’s non allelic you will be able to see the variances from the single genes.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pair her to a super form because then you don’t know what the offspring would look like without the spotnose complex morph. I agree that it’s a good strategy to see what complex she’s in. What morph would you recommend pairing her with, chocolate?

Well if she doesn’t prove out then your stuck with a lot of normals! It’s just a matter of preference how you want to go about it!

Sable because sable is by far the best gene in the complex. In my personal opinion of course lol. Honestly she looks more chocolate than sable. Sable is a lot more gritty and granite like whereas chocolate is more smooth!

2 Likes