Not getting notifications?

Well I definitely hope its something that can get fixed because its really annoying. I dont like having to manually search for replies to topics I’ve made

1 Like

We recently got a update to discourse (the application this forum runs on) so I would say that is the cause.
The discourse team are really quick with replies and sorting bugs out so I wouldn’t worry too much about it :grin:

2 Likes

Same, even with private messages.

Up until now, it’s been hit and miss, with me getting one here and there but I’ve just got a bulk of notifications at once… Are we running smoothly again?

Just got a notification of a thread that’s on the radar for me (I watch the Colubrid topic) and that’s the first one I’ve gotten in at least a week

1 Like

What about as a reply on here?

I think I’ve found the issue, the reply to comment button seems to reply to the thread as a whole, not the individual (it doesn’t tag the person you replied too)… So that user gets no notification they have been “mentioned”.

I made this comment using this button:

And it has not tagged you.

But if I use your @meerkatlyndz then you should still get a notification. This is the best bet until it’s sorted.

Got the @ notification but nothing else.

1 Like

I got one for your reply then though :thinking::face_with_monocle:

I finally got replies. I think they got backed up or something because I got 6 just now

2 Likes

It’s still messed up for me :woman_shrugging:

A thing I noticed is that I’ll post in a thread, like an introduction thread, and then when I come back in a few hours I’ll see it as a new thread being started - and I’ll go make my way into it to welcome the person to the community, and I’ve already replied to it. Before you click on the thread to go into it, it will even show only two people’s avatars that applied but will show “8 replies” and it throws me off a bit. Did that make sense?

1 Like

It makes perfect sense :grin:

1 Like

I will notify our discourse support and see what they say.

1 Like

Thank you :+1: I had a peep on Meta but I couldn’t find anyone having the same problem.

Support responded:

We did have a few issues yesterday regarding notifications, but they have been solved about 18 hours ago.
I am not sure if these issues existed before yesterday, but they could have.

It was fixed just before this post so that makes sense since this user says they just got a notification.
Not getting notifications? - #11 by meerkatlyndz

The only complaint after that time is this one and it sounds like it’s something else, not notification related.
Not getting notifications? - #17 by akmorphs

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

welp looks like im having the same problem again like last time so just thought id bump this topic back up again. only getting notified when for likes and not replies. just noticed today but i dont really know when it started.

I get notified for 1 like per post and any consecutive likes on the post I won’t get notified of.

Anyone else seeing a new problem? (last time we had several reports of buggy/changed behavior). If so I’ll report it again.

It’s honestly hit and miss for me. I’ll get some but then won’t get others.

1 Like

only got responses to this thread and not my other ones ive made. only shows likes but not replys for others. mainly a hit or miss like what @meerkatlyndz said