Opinions On Best Racks

We like Animal Plastics, great rack but the wait time is entirely way too long. Our fix to that was build our own. I can build a 5 shelf 41 qt rack for 60.00. They look decent, but build for functionality not perfect looks. We built a 28 tub hatching rack. And 4 7 tub 28 qt racks so far. 20200927_131943|236x500

2 Likes

Do you mind if I inbox you?

1 Like

Of course not! Happy to help.

1 Like

Hey! Just now saw this. Cool set up!

So I’ve decided on the freedom breeder, but my question is, 5 in or 13 in heat , and the the ventilation options. Any opinions on that?

2 Likes

5 inch heat tape and 25% ventilation coverage is the general recommendation. If you live in a very humid area more ventilation may be better. If your ambient temperatures run a little on the low side, or if you just want your animals to have a larger hot spot, you could opt for wider heat strips but 5 inch should be ideal.

2 Likes

I’m necroing this thread a little bit here, but how did you go about getting the section below the levels added in there? did you just communicate with Jason to get “spacer bars” or something like that to fit the other racks underneath? I like that idea quite a bit.