Pastel Clown?

So I bought this guy as a Pastel Clown. Every clutch hes sired has turned out weird looking. Could there be anything else at play?

2 Likes

Can you post pictures of the weird looking babies?

2 Likes

Looks pastel clown, but may have something else subtle going on with it. (Granite, gold blush, ect.) Is it possible het. For anything? Agree with @chesterhf need to see weird hatchling to maybe figure it out. Nice snake for sure though!

2 Likes

1 Like

Dame was Pastel HRA

2 Likes

The dame was an Enchi Pinstripe

2 Likes

I do see what you mean! I hatched a lot of het reds, which are a type of genetic black back- but those 3 are extreme, almost reverse stripe looking! The last one with the pushed together side pattern, reminds me of like a Mojave het red. I have seen some weird het clown influence, so maybe that might attribute to that crazy one, but? Even the last just pastel looks super busy like a yellow belly, pastel. Could be granite as well, my granites almost always have a split neck stripe. Those head stamps are very prominent for just being pastel as well! I think the clown gene could possibly be hiding something, such a dominant gene. I am sorry to say I am not sure what it might be though. Hopefully someone who works with a lot of clown genes may help better. If I were you I would keep some of the more extreme looking siblings breed them to each other-might get lucky and produce something clear in the non clowns of course. Good luck, all great looking snakes for sure though!

3 Likes

We will be keeping the weird pastel one. And yea the problem is when Pastel is added to clown it makes any orher genes hard to spot.

1 Like