Pattern Disrupters

Acid :heart::heart::ok_hand: little bit pricey, but I need one

2 Likes

Especially considering how many breeders have so many of them available. Mass produce. Mass produce. Mass produce.

1 Like

Are you talking about Acid?

Well, this was something new. Thanks for the Pictures!! :slight_smile: I really was thinking that ghi only makes colors darker…

1 Like

Wow, Reba is gorgeous!

2 Likes

You might enjoy this thread then :blush:

Next to a Normal for reference

1 Like

I luv Reba’s stripes! Others are Awesome too. :snake::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: pinstripes though.

1 Like

Yes. They’ve been mass produced as usual.

1 Like

The Fusion gene isn’t seen that much yet but what it does . It brightens the colors and it often gives a nice dorsal stripe. It also eliminates pattern completely in some combos. Only a few breeders have them currently waiting to see what the future holds for them .

Ha! I was sitting here looking at that pic saying to myself… “Why do those animals look awfully familiar?? :thinking:

3 Likes

Never fear :bat: , I will always do my very best to give credit where I can.

1 Like

As affordable genes I really love leopard, ghi, bamboo and pied. If bamboo was not in the bel-complex and I already have a lot from this complex I would have for shure bought one. In pieds I don’t only love the white with coloured patches but also the whole patern of de colored part, so I even love the low white pieds. Then there is the stranger gene and the monsoon, but unless prices really drop, or I win the state lottery I don’t think I will own one in the near future.

3 Likes

I am in the same boat. Even a het is $2k+

3 Likes

And the moray, which is virtually the same is not even for sale yet. They discovered it in 2017 so they are not even breeding with that one yet. Hopefully when they start breeding the moray and it’s ofspring also hit the market prizes will drop. But Most likely that will still take many years to happen.

They have hets for sale, and it’s a project I personally know one of the big time guys is working on. We were debating between monsoon and moray, and he’s going to be pairing the het moray to his visual monsoon next year to try and prove it out. He thinks it’s compatiable, but I don’t think it’s monsoon.
The patterns looks different to me. I’m on that waitlist for the hets to be available, and I know they’ll start letting small time buyers get them starting around July.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any mention of Piebald (my personal favorite), Champagne, Paint complex, or BEL complex.

I wouldn’t have even considered piebald as a pattern disrupter.
It’s more like a pattern eater ha-ha

3 Likes

Well, sort of, though it’s easy to tell Piebald even in no/low-white pieds because [drumroll] it disrupts pattern
(Not my pic)

4 Likes

Even poss hets would make my wallet sad. If I could have just one high end morph like monsoon I’d go with sunset

1 Like

Any particular reason?