Pet store Clown ID

Pet store clown, pairing unknown. Any ideas?

6 Likes

Would most likely be a pet store pick-up clown with those markings. Cool future project if you have the time but honestly couldn’t tell you what if anything else is there. Nice looking headstamp!

4 Likes

What pet store did you get that one from? I also think it may just a strange normal clown or a low expression fire clown. Would still be cool to prove out.

2 Likes

Got it from a local pet store. It wasn’t a pet smart or petco

I agree with Nathan, could be just a clown but it does look a little funky. Good find!

2 Likes

That’s unlike any of the normal clowns I’ve produced. There can be a lot of variation in a normal clown, but I think something else is going on.
Super cool looking clown, nice pick up.

@nathan_e To me the dorsal is to dark to be a fire clown. But it is odd looking. I’m thinking it’s just a clown.

Yeah I agree but the only thing that made think possibly a fire clown was the sides. I love clowns like this though, they may be normal examples of morphs but are still very eye catching. I almost even want to say that it looks very spotnose like.

1 Like

I’ve heard leopard, spotnose, fire, yellowbelly, vanilla, Motley and just a funky normal clown. I can’t definitively say I agree with any of those.

1 Like

Yeah in the end without the pairing they are all just guesses. Will be a fun mini project if you decide to try to prove him out.

3 Likes

That’s exactly my intent. I was just curious if there wasn’t something I missing before I dedicated time to proving it out.

Is it a male or a female? If it’s male breed it to a single gene female. It would make sorting it out easier.

1 Like

It’s a male, My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

When I first saw the picture, a dull leopard clown was my initial thought. But the more I look the more I can’t make my mind up on anything :joy:. It could be just a normal clown but s/he is funky. Definitely something worth spending time working out.

3 Likes

A good indicator of identifying a leopard clown is the belly pattern. leopard is notorious for adding really cool black pixel like pattern to bellies. When I saw the belly leopard was dismissed but I can see how it may look like a leopard to some.

3 Likes