Pet Store Odd Ball Finds

Well, I am not going to lol :joy:. I donā€™t like bps, just nope my thing.

6 Likes

This is a petco that usually just has bps, corns, leopard geckos, crested geckos, beardies, and really depressed chameleons but now they have frogs including dart frogs! blue tongue skink and gargoyle geckos and sad tortoises. There isnā€™t a single reptile they have that isnā€™t kept with multiple others though except for the blue tongue skink and the gargoyle geckos because Iā€™m guessing they only get like one at a time instead of a huge bulk of everything.
The staff there seem to know more about what theyā€™re doing that the old employees, they canā€™t really do much about the situation since it isnā€™t in their control and their job is just to clean up after them and feed them.

2 Likes

Dang. Thatā€™s a beauty right there. If petco finds out how expensive that thing really isā€¦ Petco will have a strokeā€¦

2 Likes

Reviving this thread because today my local petstore hadā€¦a pied veiled chameleon??
I didnā€™t even know piebaldism was a trait in chameleons!

6 Likes

I saw one like that a few months ago, and I thought it was super weird. Iā€™d never heard of it either.
I saw a Pinstripe Ball python in petco today, which isnā€™t all that rarem but it was the first time Iā€™d seen one at this store

5 Likes

There was a very high white pied BP in the store today too, poor dude was staring straight up, no tongue flicksā€¦I know spider morphs tend to throw high white pieds so I wonder if he was a spider and was stargazing, or if he was just in rough shapeā€¦

I hate that I have to look at the animals each time I go in, it makes me so sad but I just have to look!

5 Likes

My Godā€¦do you know much money those sell for? That is like a golden goose for herpersā€¦ :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen them every other time I go to petco and see the chameleons. Itā€™s crazyā€¦

3 Likes

Donā€™t mess with them :rofl:.

4 Likes

Really? Iā€™ve seen many at petco over the years. I didnā€™t think they were that rare

5 Likes

There not really. I think Riley was just messing with you guys. I donā€™t believe it is genetic and pretty much all the ones that have been sold on MM have gone for around or under $150. While they are super cool and interesting, based off of the selling price and how many everyone seems to have seen that is all they are, a cool chameleon. Now if it was something like a high white panther or a parsons, that is a different storyā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah sorry my internet dropped off literally like eight minutes later when I was going to post the lol just kidding :joy:.

5 Likes

You totally got me, I was like NO WAY REALLY??? And then I kept reading :joy:

5 Likes

The small independent pet shop where I buy my feeders has had a couple pied chameleons over the years. Theyā€™re super cool looking.

If chameleons werenā€™t so delicate, Iā€™d probably have one by now. Theyā€™re such wonderfully weird creatures.

7 Likes

I love their silly little mitten hands!!!

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty late to this thread, but my local Petsmart typically has some bpā€™s and corn snakes, as well as ā€˜fancyā€™ bpā€™s which tend to be odd normals or browned out pastels, but the occasional spider bp as well. Cool thread idea!

3 Likes

Me too! Their lilā€™ hands are so cute!

3 Likes

So grabby!!

2 Likes

Yes, so grabby :3 gotta love their lil grabby hands :lizard: :heart:

3 Likes

Aw thatā€™s so sad :frowning: Iā€™ve never been a big fan of chain pet stores, as i once saw a leopard gecko enclosure with Reptile carpet and a bunch of cohabited leos. Iā€™ve seen them cohab baby bpā€™s as well. I have seen the occasional dead betta or small fish, but i have yet to see any dead birds. I think other Petsmarts might have better conditions, but not at the one near where I live. Anyway Iā€™m getting carried away :joy:

3 Likes