Photos of my collection [Solar Serpents]

Just come to Pittsburgh! We have SerpaDesign (who lives like 5 minutes from me), Reach out Reptiles, AND pretty much no reptile laws.

8 Likes

Oh I love Tanner. Dude is so awesome and nice. I didn’t know that you were that close to him.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s neat!

7 Likes

I really didn’t until this summer when I ran into him at my Home Depot and my petco. I have some pretty bad anxiety when it come to talking to people without anyone I know so I chickened out when I saw him. The video where he got the bearded dragon was also taken in the petco I go to. They are actually pretty good for a petco

5 Likes

SerpaDesign is my go-to for enclosure ideas and background noise!

7 Likes

The yellow in aneries thread reminded me that I’ve been wanting to take a picture of these two different flavors of anery. Both females (one motley, one not), completely unrelated. One has SO much yellow and the other has virtually none. I’m even wondering if the one with almost no yellow is actually a carbon (anery charcoal).

9 Likes

And a couple quick pics of this girl, who is absolutely terrible to photograph, both for her challenging subtle colors and her weird behavior. She always wants to spread out and not stay nicely coiled. And she’s extremely twitchy and jerky if you touch her at all.

Wisteria, lavender pinstripe motley:

11 Likes

She is absolutely amazing!

4 Likes

I can just tell that this is a snake that is stunning in person in a way that’s impossible to really photograph. Those subtle tones. Wish I could get a peek at her, she looks amazing!

6 Likes

She definitely is! Lots of subtle pinks and purples that are difficult to correctly capture in a photograph.

5 Likes

:joy: Well no wonder she is so twitchy! She is so beautiful :star_struck:! :joy:

5 Likes

Such lovely lovelies! Nice pics of so many subtleties, too. And I still love the name Wisteria. How old are the females in your yellow comparison?

5 Likes

Juniper, the Anery motley is a 2021 and Dawn, the Anery/maybe carbon is a 2022. So still lots of growth to do for her, but usually they have a good amount of yellow by this size.

5 Likes

Juniper’s tones are really lovely. You’re right, I’d expect to see noticeable yellows on Dawn. I’d be with you on suspecting that she is a Carbon. Seems reasonable at this point. But as you say, plenty of growth and color change possible yet before adulthood.

5 Likes

She was listed as 66% pos het charcoal, so that also makes me think it’s possible she’s actually homozygous charcoal.

5 Likes

@solarserpents Olivia just a quick note. Little Dot has taken up residence in one of his toilet tissue rolls and that’s where he has been chowing down on his pinks. Here is a picture of him still checking out his Dots candy box:

8 Likes

Certainly possible since this means both parents were het Charcoal. It will be interesting to see how she continues to develop. I’ve never actually seen a confirmed Carbon in person. Loads of Aneries, plenty of Charcoals but no Carbons. Other than the distance on yellow, does her coloring look different to you when thinking of more usual Anery or Charcoal?

6 Likes

It’s hard to say. For one thing, I just haven’t owned many single gene aneries. And then there’s natural variation between individuals as well. She didn’t really have a charcoal look as a hatchling - like no blue ‘eyebrows’ or that lower contrast look that charcoals usually have at hatching. She maybe is darker than I’d expect for a typical anery. Her brother, who I also own, looks completely different from her (but then again, male and female aneries do usually look different). I need to get some new pics of him as well.

6 Likes

Pic of Dawn when I first got her at a few months old. I thought she was a fairly standard looking anery.

7 Likes

That’s so cute Caron! My kids were sharing their Halloween candy with me and I had to tell them to save the Dots boxes! They’re the perfect size for new babies.

5 Likes