Please help confirm the morph?

Just seen someone selling this royal python. They have stated they do not know the morph and I am new to the hobby so still clueless lol.
Just wondering if anybody could confirm the morph? 43000036-766-640x480

Thank you

1 Like

From that picture I would go with a Butter Pastel.
I can’t guarantee that though.

If you are planning on using this in a breeding project I would spend the money on something you can guarantee the genes.

1 Like

It definitely has pastel and maybe even super pastel, as well as something else, but I don’t really think it has the usual butter pattern. Maybe Frostbite (cinnamon enchi pastel)?

1 Like

I couldn’t find a photo of an adult frostbite, but this is a baby:

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/pythons/ball-pythons/430142

They fade out a lot as they age.

2 Likes

Hmmm well in my experience and from the pastels and pastel combos I have seen I am going to guess it is a more browned out super pastel. Super pastels can sometimes look butterish but I am fairly sure this is a super pastel. Maybe a fairly older one as well since it is a bit more faded and browned out than usual.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your reply. I wasn’t planning on breeding with it for that exact reason, of not 100% knowing. It was just out of curiosity and trying to develop my little knowledge lol.

Thank you for your suggestions

2 Likes

I going to have to agree with @nathan_e Looks like a super pastel to me. I would advise you though trying to figure out what’s going on with any hatchlings you get off it will be extremely difficult. If your looking to breed it or use it in a project you would be much better off just buying what you want.

3 Likes