Possible Stage of RI need help please

Sorry if you felt you were attacked. We are trying to make this forum a place to ask questions like this and feel safe doing so without being attacked for doing so. There is a lot of misinformation or bad information that is out and being passed around so please don’t feel detered from asking more questions in the future.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to drag the conversation about the calcium on. I just had a question about it when I read your post. This community is really great, and you should totally feel like this is the place to get help. Sorry you felt this way, kind of feel like it was my fault.

The whistling sound can happen when the snakes are a bit distressed. They will “puff” a bit and it basically means “hey, I don’t like this very much”. It kind of freaked me out when I first got my ball pythons since they would do it whenever I handled them but I learned that it is normal and they stopped doing it as they got used to me. I have dealt with two different snakes with RI that looked quite different. One had no sound, but lots of gunk and drool coming out of the mouth. The other had no discharge or drool but sounded like a deflated plastic pool floaty, super crackly, and she would hack really loudly occasionally.