Progression pictures of SMJ

Here are two of my sunglow motley jungles I keeped. These pictures are from the time they were born to now.

The male has a neck strip and a ladder tail. Female has the tail strip.

17 Likes

Beautiful! How did you decide out of all those babies which ones to hold back? Were you looking for something specific in your holdbacks?

6 Likes

The snakes are beautiful! And yes I would like to know what made you decide to keep those 2 out of all those noodles! :blush:

4 Likes

@chesterhf @caron

I wanted a male and a female for myself. In my opinion, back then, these two had the best colors and patterns out of all of them. I like jungles and striping.

The rest I needed to sell back then now I wish I keeped a few more of them. Now that I look at the birth pictures, I see 4 or 5 I should have keeped. :thinking: Looks like some nice super sunglows and sunglow jungles I let go. :frowning:

But I will make more next year. :grin:

8 Likes

@tommccarthy

See Tom there you go. Now I’ve got to build a house so I have room for all the boas. Ive gotta get an SMJ at some point, now.

6 Likes

There has to be a warning on sunglow Motley jungles. If you get one you will want more, trust me I am currently battling that :joy:.

6 Likes

There needs to be a general warning on ALL boas but certain morphs in particular!

7 Likes

@spottedbull

It’s funny that you mentioned that. I have a friend who used to own two double wide trailer homes. One for his family, the second one was for all his reptiles.

6 Likes

It’s always interesting to hear people’s reasonings on why they chose specific holdbacks becase even among those working with the same morph(s), everyone is looking for something unique and specific in their offspring.

I really like this one that I circled in green, the reduced pattern is gorgeous

8 Likes

That might be a super sunglow

6 Likes

Id have such a hard time choosing just one of those beautiful boas.

6 Likes

Beautiful progression, Tom! I love seeing how they grow - and these just GLOW.

7 Likes

I’m not the biggest Motley fan, except for Junglow Motleys lol. Or other Motley Albino combos, love the “skull-head, rainbow sherbet body” look. And they grow up to look great too! I only keep locality morphs currently but if I ever got a morph boa it’d be a Motley Junglow or a Key West combo, like that PDMT Jungle Key West that’s for sale on MM currently :astonished:

5 Likes

@joosh13

I felt the same way about the motley gene years ago. Neve liked the look of the normal motley. Then I saw my first sunglow motley and loved it. All that black color turned red / orange with the sunglow. Then, when you add jungle to it, it’s even better. I hope and plan on making the best sunglow motley jungles around, at least, in my opinion. As everyone tastes is different.

I still don’t really like normal motleys, but I see the potential in making sunglows out of them. That is why I have a few of non sunglow motleys. But all of mine are het albino.

These two are for future breeding. Both are 50% Northern Brazilian BCC to. Should add some nice colors to the sunglows.

5 Likes

really want a 10 foot boa PLZ TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE PLZ “Multnomah County has a blanket ‘no venomous snake’ rule,” he said, making it the only Oregon county to prohibit them. Multnomah County also prohibits snakes that are eight or more feet long, so Portlanders can’t have a boa , Boatner added. When it comes to canines, there are other considerations, Boatner said.

3 Likes