Question for Pennsylvania Breeders

I’m aware that I need to register with the Department of Agriculture before I would sell any BPs. I was sent two different forms by the representative that I spoke to and wanted to make sure I filled the right one out.

One is
“APPLICATION FOR DEALERS OF LIVE FISH, LIVE BAITFISH, LIVE FISH BAIT, REPTILES, AMPHIBIANS, AND
OTHER AQUATIC ORGANISMS” and is $50 for 5 years.

And the other is
“APPLICATION TO REGISTER FOR ARTIFICIAL PROPAGATION” (for use by commercial propagation facilities including facilities intending to propagate game fish, fish
bait, baitfish, amphibians, reptiles and aquatic organisms) and is $150 for 5 years.

Thank you for the clarification!

2 Likes

I’m not a PA breeder, but I have this license because it is required to vend in the state. I learned about this when I registered to vend the Battlefield Expo in Gettysburg.

I have the $50/5-year license because I do not operate a commercial facility. If you want to follow up with the Dept. of Agriculture, they are extremely helpful if you have any licensing questions. When I applied for mine, the paperwork wasn’t mailed on time for the Expo, so I sent them an email about it and they responded right away with a PDF copy that I could print and bring with me.

If you need some assistance, feel free to message me. A lot of vendors are probably skipping this requirement, but it is my understanding that violations related to Ag/Wildlife can bring some serious fines.

1 Like