Rainbow or Arcoiris Reticulated Python

I think this part is agreed to… but im not sure where this fits in…

1 Like

I agree as well. I think there needs to be some clarification on that last section, even if it wasn’t originally what the post was discussing. If there are some other anery type genes hidden in only the slither line (arcoiris) then I would imagine those hets need to be proved out on their own, separate from the rainbow/conda/ocelot discussion.

2 Likes

I would imagine this Anery-type mutation will be proven ultimately to be a separate mutation from Ocelot and so will receive it’s own tag (or come under the Anery tag most likely).
I think annotating your Rainbow stuff as Arcoiris is enough as the exact method of inheritance of the Anery/Snow-type stuff is currently unknown.

I am sure I have seen similar Anery-type animals arise from Aubrey’s breeding’s which further reiterates the fact that the animals are all from the same source originally.

Samson and Aubrey are ultimately the best source for the facts. I only comment as a long-standing retic keeper with a keen interest in the project.

3 Likes

The snow /anery in both projects have yet to be proven out. It’s said to be silver eyes & a noticeable change of side pattern are indicators of anery being present… but none of it is proven, will be proved out this current hatching season or next…

The whole thing is confusing. Originally rainbow, changed to ocelot and arcoiris. Then some breeders still call it rainbow…. Then you have other countries callling it ocelot (not sure if those peoples animals were produced by A&B or not.

I just want a catagory to list my arcoiris stuff. It’s not ocelot. The person who had permission to change the name from rainbow to ocelot agrees arcoiris catagory should be added not rainbow so I’m just going to agree with that.

It’s not about taking away or giving more to another breeder, it’s about being able to properly list snakes right that go for thousands of dollars, should beable to list under the right catagory. Not lost under ocelot then in the note have to list what line it’s from and put this animal is arcoiris.

2 Likes

Arcoiris stuff is Samson’s line of Ocelot. I don’t believe that currently justifies an additional morph tag. We are so few generations from the og breeding it is difficult to justify any appreciable difference between the animals being produced across the industry.
The as-yet unproven ‘hidden’ genes will warrant their own morph tag as-and-when they are proven. It is not at all clear that all Acoiris animals have the potential to produce the Snow-type animals. They should be treated as possible Hets at best at this stage.

Anyone investing in the project knows what is what and you can further clarify the lineage in the notes/title/description.

I won’t comment much more as I don’t feel a resolution is close but MM needs to be clear and concise with its tags and categories so the user experience is simple and intuitive.

4 Likes

Side note response… I have produced the same “anery” animals in several of my clutches. I’ve made it public knowledge my line carries the trait . I have photo documentation of all those clutches and sibling comparison. It is not one bit isolated to only Samsons lineages. He shouldnt claim so either. If youd like some pics of mine let me know

7 Likes

Agreed,

The snow arcoiris is used on some breedings to produce clutches but other arcoiris males are also used. Both arcoiris and ocelot have the potential of creating snows.

I think they are assuming only the snow male is used in acroiris.

Also your line of ocelot has produced what seems to be anery multiple times.

2 Likes

They are all 3 the same animal. Jay produced the first ones and he was calling them Rainbow, Kevin and Aubrey produced the second ones and decided to call them Ocelot because it was more descriptive name, and then Samson decided to call his Aircoiris which is just Rainbow in Spanish. They are not seperate lines whatsoever though. Its no different then people calling their animals platinum, fire or lemonglows.