Recently starting breeding again

I used to breed bearded dragons, leopard geckos, and ball pythons but had to downsize in 2013. Now that my kids are a little older and enjoy the hobby like I do, I have expanded again. I never used MorphMarket before this year though. I used to just sell at expos. I’m breeding leopard geckos this year and hopefully cresties and sand boas as well in the next couple years.
Any advice starting out trying to sell on MorphMarket ? I have also never shipped before.

2 Likes

Here is a great resource that our very own @john made. Also have a great presents on MMC (this community), Facebook, Instagram, or any social media that you talk about snakes/geckos, and present yourself as a lover of animals and a good reputable breeder.

https://www.morphmarket.com/blog/2021/06/09/leveling-up-video/

3 Likes

I have loved animals since I was very little. My first reptile was a 4 foot iguana when I was 10. I’ve been in love with reptiles ever since. I have a facebook page to promote my geckos.

Thank you for the advice.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :smiley: I am also a gecko keeper. And I am so envious, I didn’t get to breed this year! Show us some pics?

4 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Welcome. I keep Cresties and ball pythons, I will be looking into selling in the near future, hopefully :crossed_fingers: so not much advice I can give.

Lovely pics.

Wish you the best of luck.

3 Likes

Welcome!
I breed Crested Geckos,
When I joined Morphmarket to sell I didn’t know how to start also. I’ve found a lot of people keep the description of the animal they’re selling very vague.
But I myself when ever buying would want to know more about them/parents etc. So I do a write up about each Crestie, what they’re eating, what morphs their parents are and what lineages, the fact they’re handled regularly and tame, any funny features they have, for instance Pod who’s up for sale is called Pod because ever since he was little he has always slept in a seed pod! He’ll be 1 next week and still sleeps in one! :sweat_smile:
I find you get to know everything that way and shows you care more I think, rather than just writing something like ‘Tricolour Male, amazing lineage. Pm for details’ (I personally will not even look at sellers who do this as shows they really cannot be bothered to write about that animal, so how do I know they’re cared for enough?) When in the past I have messaged someone who’s wrote similar, I’ve always gotten blunt answers and nothing much said so I now skip the ad.
I want the animals cared for how I care for mine! :blush:

5 Likes

One of my concerns is shipping. Here in the UK we have reptile couriers which makes me feel a little better but it’s still a little concern for me.

2 Likes

Yeah shipping is strange.
Furthest a Crestie has come to me is from poland. But again that was through a courier!
If anyone wanted shipping done I’d make sure to use a very well known company that’s for sure! Read reviews. Ask online about them etc. It’s scary for your baby to fly I’m sure!..

2 Likes