Red eyed Crestie

The sibling to this little Red eyed monster is on another thread (conjoined twins).
But this little one is awesome, Red eyed partial pin, lots of portholes and a right attitude! You shall be called Lucifer :sweat_smile: Also the size of it! Blimey those eggs must of hurt :weary:

6 Likes

So will his/her eyes stay red?

1 Like

i honestly haven’t a clue! Parents don’t have red eyes, nor do I have another Crestie with red eyes! So we will see…
reminds me of uro eyes! :laughing:

Hopefully the color of the body get lighter with age and the eyes become more vivid red lol :joy:

Personally I would like bone white with red eyes!

2 Likes

I’ve read about red eye but not actually come across it. Does it appear to have blurred vision? Given the attitude it seems likely.

If so, it’s possible it has Uveitis and it will probably require a vet visit.

1 Like

Is that serious, do you mean possible euthanasia? Or do you just mean it’s going to have blurred vision for its life?

Or it could be conjunctivitis. Both of which I believe can be treated with antibiotics, but if left untreated it can result in a long-term infection with possible eye loss.

I believe both usually result in loss of appetite, which isn’t good for a hatchling

No it’s totally fine, it’s just the colouration, and it’s eaten already. All the hatchlings are usually moody when they’ve just come out. When I get a chill one I’m shocked!
I got bit by the extreme earlier :joy: All I wanted was a picture :upside_down_face:

Now that would be amazing.
Even one like Haise with red eyes!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just keep an eye on it as the eyes look similar to what I’ve seen for both conjunctivitis & Uveitis. Although they usually struggle with light too.

But line i said I’ve only done research, I’ve not seen it in person. I did a lot of Crestie eye search on the internet lol

1 Like

Oh 100%. You know what I’m like with them all :joy:
Poor things probably hate me I’m always in checking them haha.

It’s interesting to know, will have a look at that too.
But the amount of coloured eyes you get! Even one of each :blush:

1 Like

Little giant. Big hatchling and by looks of it people haven’t had them hatch this big :sweat_smile: So he/she is my little giant :hugs:

3 Likes

I wonder if it will affect its growth? As in quicker or slower

Big Mama and Spike have big babies, usually grow quicker!
But this seems bigger again, it’s like a month old one! :flushed:

2 Likes

Do you still have this one? Or do you know what it looks like now? Still red eyes?

2 Likes

Atm yes!
And no they changed.
I also have a few others going through an eye change colour currently! amazing to see :grin:

3 Likes

That’s so interesting! The pin on this guy is fantastic, the contrast between light and dark. Looks like it’s embroidered.

I never want to sell any juveniles I breed, I just want to sit and stare at how they change and develop :laughing:

1 Like

Wow, I love his eyes now too! They are beautiful!

1 Like

I had one hatch last season with red eyes as well. They have changed a bit, but are still darker than the others that hatched.

1 Like

Do you have any pics?

1 Like