Regurgitation or poop? Or what?

It is one continuous strip going throughout the rack starting from the top, and she’s in like the third tub down from the top.

I could try moving her to a different location and seeing if that changes anything.

3 Likes

Yeah, which makes sense though I’m not sure how she would be getting too hot in particular either.

It hasn’t gotten as hot since last summer when I first noticed this issue, but she’s still doing it every now and then.

My reptile room stays around 75-80°F ambient with the oil heater going, and it’s placed in the middle ish of the room away from all of the racks and enclosures.

3 Likes

So I’ve had the same thing happen here with corn snakes. Never did really figure it out, though I’ve always assumed it was poop since it didn’t smell like the sweet rot of death.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it happen in corns a long time ago if they were kept a little on the warm side. Probably just sped up the digestion process a bit.

I’ve seen it once or twice in ball pythons, just never as much as I would with corns.

4 Likes

Interesting! I don’t keep corns myself so haven’t experienced that, it’s just this one oddball ball python.

I’m glad it sounds like it likely isn’t a health concern or disease necessarily, I may just need to relocate her and see if that helps any.

3 Likes

Has she ever laid eggs?

3 Likes

She has not, she’s only around 900 grams. Not quite breeding size yet.

4 Likes

Today I fed her a f/t weaned rat weighing 33 grams (I actually weighed it this time.)
Quite a bit smaller than she should be eating.

I will report back once she poops again to see if it’s a normal poop or if it’s the weird poop (?).

3 Likes

Update: She shed, and… had a normal poop with some urates.

Excuse the state of her tub, it will be cleaned up of course.

I am almost half tempted to set up a camera in her tub just to see if the weird “poop” is actually poop or regurg. Provided she does it again, anyways. Hmm…

3 Likes