Reptile Of The Month Trial Run - February 2020

Hey thanks for the catch! It was supposed to say Kalatoa but I think my phone (or perhaps my tired brain) must have corrected it because I’ve typed Karompa a lot lately due to Garrett’s recent achievement. Should be Jamp/Kalatoa!

1 Like

Sadly this post won’t allow me to edit at this point, but it should read Jampea/Kalatoa cross! Had Karompas on the mind due to what Garrett has done recently :joy:

2 Likes

Ember is my favorite snake! She is an F3 hybrid cross of California king snake and Honduran milk snake.

22 Likes

@asura
Any hognose makes for good photos :heart:

I was more referring to them being compared to my ball pythons :joy: for some reason the hognoses are more entertaining haha

2 Likes

Great pics!! Ember is a real beauty and quite photogenic. Shes definitely a serpent supermodel and I think she knows it. “Stokes the fires” of anyone who looks at her. If she was in a reptile calendar she should be a winter month because all you have to do to warm up is look at her lol. Speaking of which since nearly everyone here in the community (nearly everyone because Im left out) has such awesome herps we should have a calendar made of each reptile of the month.

3 Likes

My God another gorgeous animal by the beaderedherper. But then I shouldn’t be surprised. I would have favorited those pictures 20 times if I could.

4 Likes

I know right. That is an amazing snake!! Looks like it was born in the heart of a volcano. I’d love to know how @thebeardedherper got such an awesome snake. Also as its an F3 cross and the original cross would be F1 I wonder which parent species it was bred back to to reach F2 then this serpent at F3.

2 Likes

We need to put a explicit warning on those pics. That snake is too damn hot

4 Likes

Pretty sure they are illegal and highly deadly @thebeardedherper… You just send it my way and I’ll safely dispose of it for you :wink::joy:. Gorgeous snake dude.

Just incase: This was satire… Not illegal or deadly :joy:.

6 Likes

5 Likes

My super sweet pandora (in shed mode so she is a bit grey) and then the perfect yin and yang pair, Atlas my male kahl and Pandora my female BEA motley anery, taking a bath.

2 Likes

My male burmese, Big Jim, not so big yet though, was some how injured during shipping. This has been his healing process from late November of last year up to a few days ago. Doing great and finally eating like a champ because he isnt in pain. Took alot of work and TLC, but he went from hissing and bitting due to the pain, to just hissing, to realizing that he feels better after Momma takes him out, gives him a nice warm soak and then puts his medicine on. Has by far become my snake that trusts me the most and now crawls right into my hands the second he smells me and knows who it is. Love this guy, scars and all.

3 Likes

She is a stuning animal

1 Like

IMG_20180604_212037_520

7 Likes

3 Likes

This young girl is growing well at 1.5 year old . Purchased from RK Exotics Memphis Tn. I am new to morphlist but will be adding more as I learn how .

1 Like

5 Likes

So now we have a First official Picture of the month contest ready to begin, let’s get this tied up early.

I’d like to thank @stewart_reptiles for getting a proper one sorted out, I think we will have a lot of fun with this :grin:.

So the top :heart:’ed one by a long distance is …

@thebeardedherper

Well done dude… Very well deserved :grin::grin::grin::grin::1st_place_medal:

6 Likes

Thanks for all the love guys, Ember is my pride and joy for sure!

Here’s a pic from when she first arrived.

9 Likes

Congrats bearded :slight_smile: you deserve it with Ember being as awesome a specimen as they are.

2 Likes