Reptile Theft

That is so awful. I’m in Nor-Cal and I’ll watch up here for anything weird in case they were from out of town.

I can’t imagine how devastating this must feel, but I hope you stay to hang out around here and can piece things back together over time. I know you’ve taken a lot of time participating in this community here and it would be sad to see you gone.

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that your collection/pets were stollen. I can only imagine the anger and sadness that you are going through at the moment, its not just the finicial investment that you have made, but they were your pets and you cared for them. I agree with everyone else’s advice. Contact the moderators/managers of your local/state herp groups, clubs, exotic pet stores, hell even whatever big breeders you can locate around you. Wish you the best of luck in getting your collection back and don’t give up hope brother, just remember karma.

3 Likes

What the type of person does this? I’m assuming a complete waste of skin …I cannot imagine losing my girl I’d go absolutely beyond dangerous I’m not in the calif. Area I am however in the Oregon/ washington area and will keep a lookout people need to realize they didn’t just steal snakes those r someones babies .if they were to take a child a perant would go to the ends of the earth to find them and give them their just reward why should it be any different in this case? They r still loved living beings…

4 Likes

Oh my god I’m so, so sorry! Get the descriptions out to any exotics dealers/exotics vets within driving distance, as well as all the animal shelters (you never know) and craigslist.

That’s just so terrible I have no words. Is there anyway anyone would have known about your collection and targeted you for that reason?

2 Likes

Oh God, I’m so sorry. I’m not far from you in Los Angeles County and I peruse Craigslist fairly frequently just to see the goings-on, so I will keep an eye out for your BPs.

You mentioned you also had corn snakes stolen–I am not very familiar with ball python morphs are prices, but I am very familiar with corns (I breed them, among others). What kind of corns were taken so I can watch for them?

5 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this and I’m in tears for you and your babies. I’ll keep you and your collection in my thoughts and hope for a miracle that the scumbag(s) gets caught and hopefully you can get them all back safely. Sending hugs from PA

1 Like

Horrible to hear. Can’t imagine. I am in SoCal and Southern Central Ca. I’ll keep an eye out. I know a lot of reptile industry individuals and business owners in the state. If you have pics of them let me know and I will share with people as well. Devonlloydexotics@gmail.com. Hang in there and I hope you rebuild when the times right. Best of luck.
-Devon

4 Likes

I would also like to express my condolances, and perhaps offer a good idea for the future. I use “Nest” cameras in and around my house. They are about 200$ a piece plus a monthly subscription, but i get alerted when there is movement and 5 days of rollback video, light or dark. It also has the ability to talk through the mic, so god forbid this ever happens again you may be able to catch them in the act, potentially scare them off, and notify police ASAP as well as have potential video evidence to find who they are. I know even with only my 2 snakes id be averse to starting back up because “what if it all gets taken again” i just wanted to suggest a way to give your next go a little bit of a sense of security. Doesnt need to be “Nest” btw, they arent paying me and i have no vested interest in them making money, its just the one i use so its the one im familiar with haha. Best of luck and i hope they catch the jerk!

4 Likes

Just wanted to jump in say how sorry I am. Can’t do nothing up here, but will be sending best wishes for you :heart: Hope you can restore even some of your collection :pensive:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this Nate, try to just keep going on each day as hard as it is. Good luck getting your animals back.

2 Likes

Geeze man I am so sorry for the loss! I’ll be praying for you, best wishes.

3 Likes

I don’t mean to extend the thread and irritate anyone, but I realized something important that I forgot to say in my first comment:

You are a cool dude. You’ve added a lot to the dialogue in the short time i’ve been on the forum. It would be such a shame if you left! Maybe come by at least every now and again?

8 Likes

Oketee, albinos, normals, and various other morphs. They were mainly subadults and adults

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I’ll post pics of the animals that were stolen later today. The saddest part is that some of my childhood pets were taken like my 14 year old BP that I had since I was a kid

8 Likes

I’ve had some people ask me this as well and I honestly have no idea who could have done this. My neighbors hardly know I exist much less know about my snakes so I’m in the dark as to who could have done this.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry about your loss. I hope your animals and belongings are returned to you safely and quickly. I will keep you in my prayers.

1 Like

Here are some pics from when I got home…only managed to take these pics before I started cleaning up. They were even petty enough to take the tubs and the substrate for some of them as well as trying to take my crested gecko. He was the only thing they left but I guess it was because he was too hard to grab.

6 Likes

Have you ever sold to anyone locally?

2 Likes

Nathan, I live in OC. I’ll keep checking for you brother.

2 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it. The post you mentioned was mine from awhile ago but I never took it down

3 Likes