Reptilinks, have you tried them, what did you think?

I had zero difficulty transitioning her, she has always been a garbage disposal (as most BHPs are LOL)

Yeah, she can be kind of hyper when she is in feed mode. Early on with her I fed off forceps, but she would consistently be so hyped up that she would try to grab anything inside the enclosure. On a number of occasions I had to fight the forceps away from her or spend ten minutes trying to unwind her from my arm while also trying to avoid her wide open and swinging mouth because she would wrap me instead of the food. During those times, yes, she did burst a link or two from smashing them against the wall.

For the health and safety of both of us, I finally just got in the habit of placing the food on a plate in her cage and she comes over and eats it without issue and much less flailing about. I have not had any issues with ruptured links since then

3 Likes

This response was SO helpful thank you!

I have used reptilinks for my Tricolor Hogs, Western Hogs, and Malagasy Cat-Eyed Snakes. Both type of hogs took them with gusto. The Cat-Eyed Snake, not so much. I used the micro links for the Tricolors we hatched out and I believe they made a difference with some of our slow starters. I’ve also tried the quail and frog juice - the Malagasy Cat-Eyed Snakes took prey items off the tongs when coated in the juice. Our younger Western Hogs were shy about eating, but when we started using the frog juice, the reluctancy went away.

I think the reptilinks products are good, quality products but a bit pricey to use for standard feedings. I’ll keep some on hand, though, for new hatchlings and reluctant eaters.

So I ordered up some reptilinks for my blue tongue skink to try and for my younger kingsnake and cornsnake to try. Has anyone else tried these?

1 Like

My blue tongue skinks love them, so do my monitors, tegus, and bearded dragon. My stimons python will eat them readily.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info. Yeah I figured if the reptiles didn’t eat them, we have 4 hedgehogs that will devour them!

1 Like