Request to Promote Burmese Pythons to Top-level Category [DONE] [1372]

Currently Burmese Pythons are under ‘Other Pythons’ but there are so many of them and with so many morphs available, it can be hard to search for what you want or see what is available. I would love to see Burmese given their own drop down tag as well as the visual/ super/ het/ color tree to see whats on the market currently. With how popular they are, they should get their own.

2 Likes

Hi Jackie,

We’ve always had the idea to promote larger subcategories to top level. In my mind I had planned to give serious consideration after those categories had more than 100 ads. Right now burm and sand boas are the top contenders, and have 80 and 60 ads respectively. Still not an overwhelming number – only 4 pages of burms to look through.

Agreed it would be useful and we want to do it one day. For now just prioritizing it among many feature requests.

Your request is heard and noted!

2 Likes

Hey John, it’s been about a year since this request and Burmese are over 200 animals in other pythons. Any chance to get them their own section where you can search by morph?

3 Likes

Burms are making a comeback, It’s time to promote them to their own section!

2 Likes

I agree guys, I am moving this up the list of priorities.

In related work, look for some features this week to improve the ability to better manage the unwieldy long lists of categories.

8 Likes

Awesome John! Thank you! If you need any help with genetics to list, which ones are hets or super forms etc, I’ll be glad to help out!

4 Likes

I would like to see burms have there own category and all of the morphs listed… They have all these new morphs like labyrinth, caramel, pied, sable, champagne etc etc… its not just albino green granite hypo anymore…

1 Like

In preparation to promote Burmese Pythons to a top level category, we need to build a trait list for the genes and combos. Please go to this wiki and edit it directly to add the genetic information we’ll need.

I’m excited to have Burmese have there own category. I’m 100% agreeable with it especially since it’s my top producing python and my passion

2 Likes